SEGA Removing "Poor" and "Average" Sonic Titles From Retail

Liontamer

I would have guessed they would be pulling all of them.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I read the title.

This is a very interesting choice by SEGA in an attempt to increase the value of future releases. The only problem is, those laggy, glitchy, and buggy, titles will forever be ingrained in the memories of Sonic fans, likely causing hesitation to buy. Or, at least, that how I feel about it.

Pretty much this, though I kind of liked Sonic Heroes too.

sonic adventure 1 and 2, and heroes are all broken imo

still playable and pretty fun (except heroes) but broken all over the damn place

you should be able to play through a video game without being interrupted by some glitch or arbitrarily falling through floors

i'm seeing a distinct lack of shadow the hedgehog on this list

Like Heroes and the Adventure series, It's not for sale anymore since it's from the last generation (except for any unsold copies still sitting in bargain bins). It's not being restocked like the ones listed are.

Also, Sonic Colors actually looks decent. I'm still waiting for the terrible "surprise" to crop up in it though.

Like Heroes and the Adventure series, It's not for sale anymore since it's from the last generation (except for any unsold copies still sitting in bargain bins). It's not being restocked like the ones listed are.

Also, Sonic Colors actually looks decent. I'm still waiting for the terrible "surprise" to crop up in it though.

I recall reading an article about sonic colors in nintendo power that gave me pretty high hopes for it

I had completely forgotten about it but now it seems like sega is pulling the shit from the shelves specifically for sonic colors and the upcoming episodes of sonic 4

i liked adventure and adventure 2

If Sonic Adventure 2 had been 100% rail-grinding levels, it would have been an awesome game. The Final Rush stage is still one of my favorite stages from any video game ever, especially in the two-player race mode (Gamecube port). Unfortunately, rail-grinding was only involved in maybe 15% of the game, so I had to play through silly treasure hunts, boring mech rides, and so-so running around stages to get to it.

I would guess that both Mario and Sonic Olympics titles stay as they both did fairly well at retail. Similarly, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing is a really good kart racer (for the first time, I don't prefer the current Mario Kart equivalent).

The two DS games don't have competing products on the shelves, so keep those also. I see Sonic 2006, Sonic Unleashed, and both wii-exclusive Sonic games being pulled in my mind -- anything older (Heroes) is already off shelves as mentioned for being out of the generation.

Rather than simply removing the bad games (which seems to be pretty much all of them), maybe they should stop beating a dead horse and bring the Sonic franchise to an end. The last Sonic games that I thought were fantastic were Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. Sonic did not make the transition to 3D well at all, Sega's had 12 years to fix it but have not made any progress. I just don't believe Sega will ever be able to make Sonic what he was again, might be time to just move on.

Rather than simply removing the bad games (which seems to be pretty much all of them), maybe they should stop beating a dead horse and bring the Sonic franchise to an end. The last Sonic games that I thought were fantastic were Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. Sonic did not make the transition to 3D well at all, Sega's had 12 years to fix it but have not made any progress. I just don't believe Sega will ever be able to make Sonic what he was again, might be time to just move on.

This may be true, but SEGA seems adamant to keep the series alive. We'll see if they've made any turnarounds with Colors and 4.

Sonic Rush was the usual hold-right fest that Sonic Advance degenerated into starting with the second one, along with unpredictable trial-and-error spikes and bottomless pits. In addition to the stages just being really barren overall, barely any enemies around except those times when you are locked into a room and need to kill them all to proceed. It was far from one of the better Sonic games.

I had an older woman try out some GBA games in my store tonight, and she was looking to buy a platformer. One of the games she tried was Sonic Advance 2, and no matter what I told her, she absolutely insisted that it was a racing game.

I had an older woman try out some GBA games in my store tonight, and she was looking to buy a platformer. One of the games she tried was Sonic Advance 2, and no matter what I told her, she absolutely insisted that it was a racing game.

lol.

More on topic, reviews of Sonic 4 have all been good thus far -- maybe a sign of things to come with Colors?

How could the series go from phenomenal to shit between 2 and 3&K? They weren't that different.

Most major differences I can think of were definite improvements, like complete control over tails, level saves, better special stage system, branching levels, zone transitions, etc. There was a definite lack of focus on speed for most zones, but Sonic 2's later levels had the same issue.

3D Blast was the beginning of the decline, says I.