SEGA Removing "Poor" and "Average" Sonic Titles From Retail

Liontamer

the best smelling shit in the pile

Agreed.

Oh, and JCvgluvr, I AM a very open-minded person. I want to try a like things. I give things MORE than one chance often. You obviously very much want to lump me in that category of 'Sonic Fanboy'... but you're wrong. You can't make statements like without knowing me. I realise that all I am to you is just text on a screen, but seriously.

I like to think I know the difference between something that's half decent, and something bad. And those games were bad. Hell, I use to hate Soul Calibur 2 until this year... don't know why, just did. Things can change. But, at the moment, I just cannot tolerate most new sonic titles because they are just counter-intuitive when it comes to controls, and feel plain wrong.

...I don't know how you can even argue against the idea that SotN changed the series utterly....

I didn't argue in either direction.

Some get sick of the "Met-vania" stuff and it's understandable, but I just draw the line at this apparent resentment toward the all-time classics. Trying to deny their status like that just ain't right.

I played the PSP remake of Rondo of Blood and was not impressed with old school Castlevania

however I love SotN so much that I believe it eventually deserves a second chance

Somewhat of the reverse here, as I was actually was impressed with the remake of RoB where as SotN was still as fun as I remember playing it.

Will say though that I'd rate Aria of Sorrow & Order of Ecclesia as the best in terms of "Metroidvania".

I played the PSP remake of Rondo of Blood and was not impressed with old school Castlevania

however I love SotN so much that I believe it eventually deserves a second chance

For the record, I believe Rondo of Blood is overrated. Definitely a step down from Super Castlevania IV. The multidirectional whip makes the game.

But hey, opinions and such.

As for Metroidvanias, they're all good in different ways. Aria of Sorrow is my favourite, though.

Sonic? Who's that?

• 2 weeks later...
So, you might ask, "What does Sonic Colors have that Sonic 4 didn't?"

Well, for one, and at the least,

GOOD

DARN

MUSIC

Haven't played the game, but I'm just posting these because I think they're cool.

Good! About damn time we had some nice tracks in a sonic game again. These sort of remind me of a heavy masashi hamauzu.

ALSO: cumshot @ 2:05!!!

Gosh dangit, the more I look at Colors, the more I am getting possibly fooled and/or convinced that it looks like a pretty decent, fun, and enjoyable game.

Heck, the VAs sound better than they have for years... and the music is cool... and the game looks like Super Sonic Galaxy...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So far, Sonic Colours has been getting scores near 85% in most places. Gametrailers is the only exception so far, I think (67%).

Face it, a score like that for a purely 3D sonic game is actually pretty awesome. The game's being generally well received, which hadn't happened since, what, Sonic Adventure 2? And that game came out on the Dreamcast.

Gosh dangit, the more I look at Colors, the more I am getting possibly fooled and/or convinced that it looks like a pretty decent, fun, and enjoyable game.

Heck, the VAs sound better than they have for years... and the music is cool... and the game looks like Super Sonic Galaxy...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's surprising, but Colors is quite good, and puts the franchise back on the right track. Now hopefully they don't fall off again...

against my better judgment, I brought Sonic Colours yesterday... all the great reviews it's been getting had me curious, and the video's looked stunning. And what a relief... it's an excellent game. See what happens? Sonic Colours... the only Sonic game released for years that HASN'T vowed to take Sonic back to it's roots, and it turns out fine. There's a lot to love in that game... and those 8-bit tracks are TO DIE FOR.

For me, it's absolutely the best Sonic game in a long, long time.

Honest.