SEGA Removing "Poor" and "Average" Sonic Titles From Retail

Liontamer

against my better judgment, I brought Sonic Colours yesterday... all the great reviews it's been getting had me curious, and the video's looked stunning. And what a relief... it's an excellent game. See what happens? Sonic Colours... the only Sonic game released for years that HASN'T vowed to take Sonic back to it's roots, and it turns out fine. There's a lot to love in that game... and those 8-bit tracks are TO DIE FOR.

For me, it's absolutely the best Sonic game in a long, long time.

Honest.

I enjoyed Black Knight a bit, but it was because of the sword and Sonic's super form. I NEED COLOURS!

I bought Sonic 4 about a week ago, played it for maybe 45 minutes and quit. I found it to be really bad. That had me thinking it was a mistake to preorder Colors (which I mainly did for the hat...). But I'm happy I picked this up, so far it's great :D The physics are at times problematic but I really encourage people to try it out, it's the best Sonic game for a very long time. And almost every level I've played up to this point is one I'll revisit to improve my time/score with enthusiasm, something that hasn't happened for me since the Sonic/Shadow levels in SA2.

I bought Sonic Colors on Tuesday, but I haven't been able to play it as my Wii is back home and I am at college, so it's pretty cool Thanksgiving break is coming up.

Did anyone else notice that it says "preform" instead of "perform" on the back of the box?

Mine doesn't... but mine is Aussie, so it's probably different...

After playing Sonic 4 about eight times and letting it really sink in, I gotta say that it's quite a disappointment, and that they're basically cashing by riding on Mega Man 9's coattails. I was a bit quick to defend it, but now the bias is gone; However Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing is awesome. Much better than Mario Kart Wii, more imaginative, and it has freaking Opa Opa from fantasy zone in it.

Yeah, its glitchy as hell. On the snow level, somehow I ended up running through a wall and getting to the end of the level within a couple of minutes. I have no idea how it happened.

It was awesome on the Dreamcast though.

It wasn't actually. It was just as buggy. We just forgave it back then because it was Sonic's first real foray into 3D.

Wow what? That's a great song too. Dang, I can see this music getting remixed. :-)

Ah the shot is in the strings, I was listening to the clicky noise

dude, its the same game. they only promised a port.

kindofdrugsareyoutaking

Lol, im playing with a speed mod i found on the internet :D i cant even walk

but seriously the game was incomplete and rushed.

About Sonic Colors...

Can anyone honestly tell me that a game that blatantly copies elements of Super Mario Galaxy, and was specifically developed for 6 to 12 year old children is worth the time of an average college student like me? I have plenty of good games begging for my time. I'm not going to make time for Sonic Colors unless it's really worth it.

About Sonic Colors...

Can anyone honestly tell me that a game that blatantly copies elements of Super Mario Galaxy, and was specifically developed for 6 to 12 year old children is worth the time of an average college student like me? I have plenty of good games begging for my time. I'm not going to make time for Sonic Colors unless it's really worth it.

the only thing it took from galaxy was the act select, all the other stuff is from sonic unleashed and basicly stage copys from sonic adventure 2 and sonic advanced 2 :P

just rent it dude.

the only thing it took from galaxy was the act select, all the other stuff is from sonic unleashed and basicly stage copys from sonic adventure 2 and sonic advanced 2 :P

It's a little more than that. I don't see how any of it is much like Sonic Adventure 2 or Advance 2... it is close to that 25% of Sonic Unleashed that was decent, but theres a lot of great, new elements in there.

In short, it's just a lot of fun. Some of the best audio/visuals on the Wii coupled with mostly great design. It's the biggest surprise of the year for me. I expected it to be completely dire, but no. It's not much to say it exceeded my expectations, because I didn't have any. For it to turn out as well as it did, wow. I'd even say it's one of my favourite of the year so far.

About Sonic Colors...

As someone who also fits that demographic, I'd recommend it as a rental. In my opinion, it's a good game, one of the better Sonic games in the last decade. The graphics and environments are great, and some of the music is among the best I've heard this console generation. But you could always just download it and be done with it.

I kind of wish I didn't buy it. I like it a lot, but unless you want to memorize the levels and go for speed run records, it won't have too much replay value (discount the multiplayer right off the bat, it sucks). It's a pretty short game and is missing a bit considering the price.

As someone who also fits that demographic, I'd recommend it as a rental. In my opinion, it's a good game, one of the better Sonic games in the last decade. The graphics and environments are great, and some of the music is among the best I've heard this console generation. But you could always just download it and be done with it.

I kind of wish I didn't buy it. I like it a lot, but unless you want to memorize the levels and go for speed run records, it won't have too much replay value (discount the multiplayer right off the bat, it sucks). It's a pretty short game and is missing a bit considering the price.

1. Thank goodness, this is the only non ''CoMPLETLY SONIC SUCK DiS Decade'' banwagon statement i have seen this decade :P

2. cause Jun S. realized he goof'd with his career/job with sonic 4 (jk sonic 4 music was fine) :whatevaa:

ot: sega needs to realize that fans demand sonic to be a 8.5-9.0+ and 8.0 or lower is a suck for sonic, they seriously need to try to extend there deadlines, there ideas are always good but the execution always feels incomplete and rushed.......

I just hope they can make a game like sonic adventure , and sonic adventure 2 with exact physics, speed and every thing. ( and leave some glitches for the speed runners ;) )

Can anyone honestly tell me that a game that blatantly copies elements of Super Mario Galaxy, and was specifically developed for 6 to 12 year old children is worth the time of an average college student like me?

Yes.

Don't believe me? Watch:

A game that blatantly copies elements of Super Mario Galaxy, and was specifically developed for 6 to 12 year old children is worth the time of an average college student like you.