Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I know I'm late to the party, but I heard about this game a few minutes ago, and I watched a few videos. This shit looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I'll probably be getting this one for sure.

What are the system requirements? I assume they aren't that high.

Think "crysis" with the highest settings possible I kid you not.

seriously just about any three year old pc ought to be able to run it

you can run it on a five-year-old shitDell laptop as long as your drivers are up-to-date (also as long as the shitDell doesn't overheat)

anything higher than that should be fine

the client tends to run high on ram though so at least a couple gigs would be preferable

Edited by Gollgagh

you can run it on a five-year-old shitDell laptop as long as your drivers are up-to-date (also as long as the shitDell doesn't overheat)

anything higher than that should be fine

the client tends to run high on ram though so at least a couple gigs would be preferable

aww you're no fun :J

But hey I can't wait to see someone try rebuilding "Castle Brannenburg" from "

"

well it's probably not as big, but eulogic is building a scale replica of the colosseum on his server where each block is a cubic meter so it's like 140x160ish blocks

it took three of us a week to level the area of rocks and dirt

We talking reconstructing in its ruined state or former completion..? Sounds awesome in any rate :)!!

Also I forget how huge a continent for a minecraft server can be.

What specs do I need? only thing is my PC isn't on 24/7 so its probably a NO for me to do so.

well, you could run it on a netbook, but you could probably only handle three or four players before it starts getting stuttery

and that's if you're using the netbook only for the server, you'd need another computer to play on it

You might as well just try it and see how it performs.

Edited by Gollgagh

I got on and played the single player mode for about 45 mins, and when I tried to play the alpha version, the site just stopped working completely. I cant even click on the link to get to the site's home page.

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

I was seriously thinking about buying this game, but this worries me. I don't want to pay for a game that I cannot play.

Don't worry about it too much. Notch has been having server trouble since minecraft popularity literally exploded a couple weeks ago. He's working on it.

also he's probably asleep right now seeing as he's swedish and sleeping people tend to have difficulty restarting servers

that said, minecraft withdrawal D:

[edit: oh you should be able to play the single player survival even if you can't get to the main site, just choose "play offline"]

Edited by Gollgagh

well it's probably not as big, but eulogic is building a scale replica of the colosseum on his server where each block is a cubic meter so it's like 140x160ish blocks

it took three of us a week to level the area of rocks and dirt

I have a question. Is there a particular way you know it's to scale? Are there calculations and stuff, or are you guys eyeballing it? Because if there's a better way to accurately build something like this, it would make my time a little better spent than it has been at the moment. The island is coming along, but I can't help but wonder whether I could do the scaling better is my point.

Don't worry about it too much. Notch has been having server trouble since minecraft popularity literally exploded a couple weeks ago. He's working on it.

also he's probably asleep right now seeing as he's swedish and sleeping people tend to have difficulty restarting servers

that said, minecraft withdrawal D:

[edit: oh you should be able to play the single player survival even if you can't get to the main site, just choose "play offline"]

I downloaded it (I think) from the Alpha download link, but when I tried to open it, my compy didn't know what program to use and I didn't neither. I figured I had to buy it for that feature to work, so I deleted it and tried to play it online.

I'd figured he'd have the server issues, but I didn't think he would be the only one that can fix it. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow I guess.:sad:

I downloaded it (I think) from the Alpha download link, but when I tried to open it, my compy didn't know what program to use and I didn't neither. I figured I had to buy it for that feature to work, so I deleted it and tried to play it online.

I'd figured he'd have the server issues, but I didn't think he would be the only one that can fix it. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow I guess.:sad:

Yeah it doesn't save with the exe extension for some reason. Just rename it Minecraft.exe and it'll work.

Another dumb question...Did you guys already buy this game, or something?

When I got home and downloaded the exe file again and tried to log in, it said I'm not a premium user or something, so I can't play it offline until I play it online first. Strange, but whatever...

When I tried to run Alpha in the browser, it said, "You need to purchase the game to play infdev." Now, I'm like, WTF is infdev?

I know it does not cost alot for the game, but how would the system know if I purchased it or not? Do you get a special download link when you buy it? HALP!!!!!:banghead: