Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

oh

Yeah I was assuming that you'd bought it. If you're logged in when you use the paypal link, it should automatically assign your minecraft account as a paid account once your payment goes through. If it gives you any trouble, email notch and he should get it squared away.

=====

infdev is the shorthand name for the current version of survival mode

History: when notch started developing survival, it was still based on the small, limited maps of classic mode and it was called "indev" short for "in development"

the new version used an "infinitely" self-generating world and was then dubbed "infdev"

Infdev is actually an old version of Alpha. Copy paste from the wiki because I'm lazy:

"Indev was an older test version of Minecraft's Survival mode, it contained features that were not yet implemented in the then public version of Survival. Indev was phased out in favor of Infdev, another test version of Survival mode with infinite maps, which was in turn phased out by Alpha."

So basically right now it's just Classic mode (the free version) and Alpha (the current build of Survival mode).

MEANWHILE, SOMEONE WENT AHEAD AND MADE A 16-BIT ADDING MACHINE IN MINECRAFT.

My god, it's full of stars.

"Yo dawg! I heard you like minecraft, so I put a computer in your minecraft so you can minecraft while you minecraft"

That was seriously the first thing I thought when I first saw that.

I'm almost convinced to buy this game, but I have 2 questions:

1) Is it worth waiting for the Beta, or full retail releases?

2) Is this game fun if the player isn't very creative/hates sandbox games?

I think its fun and im not real creative.

Also if you buy nao you get auto-updates forevar.

I was playing around in multiplayer yesterday, and I must say, I am amazed at some of the shit people make in that game. I was struggling to make a house and some other guy was building a giant bridge that streched across the entire map. Another group of guys made an entire city, like something you would see in New York. Kinda make me sad...

I just cant stand those dicks that like to destroy your stuff and flood your house whenever you are not paying attention. Come on...thats just gay.

I just cant stand those dicks that like to destroy your stuff and flood your house whenever you are not paying attention. Come on...thats just gay.

Yeah, I'm hoping that Notch comes up with a better way to prevent griefing in multiplayer. There seems to be a never ending supply of assholes who pop on to random servers with no more intent than to mess everyone's stuff up for their own stupid amusement.

Edited by Darklink42

Yeah, I'm hoping that Notch comes up with a better way to prevent griefing in multiplayer. There seems to be a never ending supply of assholes who pop on to people servers with no more intent than to mess everyone's stuff up for their own stupid amusement.

I think there's a mod for it. MCAdmin is able to do that sort of thing I think.

Speaking of mods. Two I found entertaining.

Skylands - replaces the map with floating islands/dungeons/hidden treasure, and turns it into more of an adventure mode.

Runecraft - Lets you use magic by creating runes on the ground by arranging your materials in certain patterns. Teleport is quite handy.

JCV: I recommend it. I am sort-of creative, but I mostly use the game for spelunking and exploring, not building. There are networks and networks of caves, fondly referred to as the Underdark, which are actually really fun to explore (and dangerous if you're not on peaceful).

Thanks for the answers guys. My last question; how long will the game stay at this low price? (Hooray for procrastination!)

Thanks for the answers guys. My last question; how long will the game stay at this low price? (Hooray for procrastination!)

Until it's out of the alpha stage. I'm pretty sure not even Notch knows when that'll be just yet. He seems to have hit a few bumps with trying to officially start up his business. Still, it might be a good idea to buy sooner rather than later. Once he gets back into the swing of things—and with a team to boot—the progress will probably start to really pick up.

Also, do we have an awesome OCR server yet? We really need one of those.

Until it's out of the alpha stage. I'm pretty sure not even Notch knows when that'll be just yet. He seems to have hit a few bumps with trying to officially start up his business. Still, it might be a good idea to buy sooner rather than later. Once he gets back into the swing of things—and with a team to boot—the progress will probably start to really pick up.

Also, do we have an awesome OCR server yet? We really need one of those.

Good point. I'll get on that. I need something new to play on the weekends. I'm guessing it doesn't require a lot from a computer. I don't know what my laptop is capable of (I don't play PC games usually), but I think it will probably play Minecraft with no problem.