Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

As a word of caution, I recommend not setting too much in the way of TNT. The combined explosion across a large swath of land WILL cause severe lag on the server due to CPU usage, and may even crash it completely. Concentrate a little on areas that you wish vaporized, but not so much that there's a couple hundred in one pack, for instance, and then you can link the areas together with a single string of TNT. Set off the TNT at one place and let the chain reaction go. It should separate the massive explosions timing-wise enough to avoid a huge lag problem.

I'm planning on stringing some TNT through my caverns as well as my structures.

I say we should just do it all now, or as soon as possible. I'd rather have my new building(s) ready for the update than sit around a couple weeks feeling like everything we do now will only be demolished.

biomes won't develop if we just get in now. the whole point is that they're only on new chunks. naw, we need to wait for the ten days until the patch before we can really dig into the new world.

also, i tested the theory that lots of tnt is bad. it daisy-chains pretty darn well.

how about this in regard to the creeper temple. We'll calculate how much we've cleared so far, and leave it for now. When the new server is up and running, we'll let Slash know how much we've done, and he can clear it out for us and give us the equivelant minerals we stocked up. That way our work isn't wasted, but we're also not cheating to get it redone.

I want to see it finished, and I'd like to see it across on the new server. So maybe bottle and I can stop mining it out for now and wait for the new server. We'll just add it all up until then.

how about this in regard to the creeper temple. We'll calculate how much we've cleared so far, and leave it for now. When the new server is up and running, we'll let Slash know how much we've done, and he can clear it out for us and give us the equivelant minerals we stocked up. That way our work isn't wasted, but we're also not cheating to get it redone.

I want to see it finished, and I'd like to see it across on the new server. So maybe bottle and I can stop mining it out for now and wait for the new server. We'll just add it all up until then.

yeah, also let us take inventory of what is in our chests down there so we can get those back, I don't want to somehow need to mine more when we start building inside it because we started with a half done hole.

EDIT:

Turn Bottle Rocket's wall into a wall saying THE END IS NIGH and stuff like that. I want this apocalypse to kick ass

done. :)

Edited by Mr. Bottle Rocket

its sad about the reroll, but i am ok with it. ill love the update with biomes, and the whitelist is going to make things better.

oh... umm guys.

http://kotaku.com/5669766/minecraft-under-siege-by-angry-addicts-demanding-more-updates?skyline=true&s=i

i dont know if you heard but... there are some really stupid people out there. im just wondering if this will effect us.

its sad about the reroll, but i am ok with it. ill love the update with biomes, and the whitelist is going to make things better.

oh... umm guys.

http://kotaku.com/5669766/minecraft-under-siege-by-angry-addicts-demanding-more-updates?skyline=true&s=i

i dont know if you heard but... there are some really stupid people out there. im just wondering if this will effect us.

WE WANT MORE UPDATES! So we're going to prevent everyone from getting them by DDOSing your ass! Learned your lesson yet?

oh... umm guys.

Oh, so that's why every other time I try to get on minecraft.net, it doesn't work. x_x What rubbish. I have barely even played in the last week though, so somethin new would be nice to play with. I'd like to be on that whitelist. I want to build a house in what they call "hell" on the halloween update. Hopefully they haven't fixed taking damage. :-)

For those lucky enough to log in (Seems ok right now!), the server's address has changed to:

minecraft.fireslash.net

and has been migrated to a new box owned by IJ where it can do no harm to the tf2 servers. It might take a little while for your DNS to update though, so in the mean time you can use 173.12.223.108

So I was looking around at various Minecraft mods and saw something that caught my eye. It's called Builder Bot and it's a program/bot for admins (though it looks like it comes with it's own white list so anyone could potentially use it).

But this is what really caught my eye:

"Copy & Paste 2D or 3D areas of the map from one part of the map to another, or due to how a chunk of the map is saved to your computer, to other servers."

If transferring chunks of one map to another is possible, it might be worth looking into, so we can keep our cool stuff. A program such as this could mean that we can fairly quickly reorganize where our buildings are located. You could build your house out in Tumblefuck, but realize that it's too far from everyone else and ask for a relocation. Or, say you made a really awesome statue and would like another. Easy-peasy.

Damn it!

Every time I join the OCR server my Minecraft client blows up :(

What have you guys done there?

Is this your first time playing? (I can't remember if you've been on the server before.) If so, it's probably that your view distance is set to Far. Set it to Normal or below; the client can't handle the Far view distance on multiplayer right now.