Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Is this your first time playing? (I can't remember if you've been on the server before.) If so, it's probably that your view distance is set to Far. Set it to Normal or below; the client can't handle the Far view distance on multiplayer right now.

Says you, far view works just fine for me as long as the spawn isn't within the draw bubble.

Slash, when you reroll a map for us, can I suggest you keep rolling until you get one that starts us off on a small island, or on a beach next to the ocean?

It's harder to fuck up the spawn point if it's surrounded by ocean, and it encourages people to move away from spawn to build inland.

I actually agree here, one tiny island -- it could actually be man-made. Maybe have one giant tower on this tiny island that we spawn on, and we can jump off into the ocean without taking damage...

I actually agree here, one tiny island -- it could actually be man-made. Maybe have one giant tower on this tiny island that we spawn on, and we can jump off into the ocean without taking damage...

I'd go without the tower. Nothing manmade apart from a couple of signwalls to tell people where to go, putting them under protection. Then people can spread out from there to build.

I kind of liked that people were bunched up. I think there could have been a little more distance between places but, it kind of felt like a community that way. If there's a way to set an area under preservation such that no one is allowed to make changes to it, I'd like to have a really nice, beautiful spawn area; preferably inland.

Something like a central square with a fountain in the middle, and a big compass rose on the ground so there's absolutely no confusion as to where you're headed. From there, set up four highways/roads/paths heading out in each cardinal direction and leading to other points of interest like player homes or creeper temples or large works of art. If a canal system is implemented, make sure it's nice and wide. You can still accidentally bump into walls with our current one. Also, signs. Some big lit up ones—much like BottleRocket's—could be set up over the highways explaining which region you're heading into, and signposts would then detail the specifics of what's in said region.

Here's a quick diagram of what I'm picturing in my mind:

Minecraft%20Spawn%20Design.png

With a bit of pre-planning and coordination, we can have a scenic and easy-to-travel spawn point that also helps newbies get acquainted with what's where.

I kind of liked that people were bunched up. I think there could have been a little more distance between places but, it kind of felt like a community that way. If there's a way to set an area under preservation such that no one is allowed to make changes to it, I'd like to have a really nice, beautiful spawn area; preferably inland.

Something like a central square with a fountain in the middle, and a big compass rose on the ground so there's absolutely no confusion as to where you're headed. From there, set up four highways/roads/paths heading out in each cardinal direction and leading to other points of interest like player homes or creeper temples or large works of art. If a canal system is implemented, make sure it's nice and wide. You can still accidentally bump into walls with our current one. Also, signs. Some big lit up ones—much like BottleRocket's—could be set up over the highways explaining which region you're heading into, and signposts would then detail the specifics of what's in said region.

Here's a quick diagram of what I'm picturing in my mind:

Minecraft%20Spawn%20Design.png

With a bit of pre-planning and coordination, we can have a scenic and easy-to-travel spawn point that also helps newbies get acquainted with what's where.

Love it. If we can plan, set up and build areas, then put them under protection, I think that'd be awesome.

Also I think we should start compiling a list of names for the Whitelist, so copy this and add yours and anyone else you can think of:

Orichalcon

BinJovi

FerrousCadaver

AngryItch

Hemophiliac

There are more I can think of, but can't remember the exact spelling of their nicks, so add yourselves.

emot-words.gif

As much as that would help, I would also like to see someone with direct access to the map file *cough* put it through one of the mappers on a semi regular basis so we have an idea of whats where.

On something unrelated, here is what I will be loosing with the re-roll.

mine half a boat at night

mine half a boat from up top

mine half a boat that needs to be done

and those smoke stack looking things aren't actually smoke stacks, there would have been one on the front half of the boat, those are essentially observation decks, just look a little weird because of how I scaled the boat.

I support the whitelist too.

I know who did this, or at least I know who I'm going to blame for doing this, but this is what remains of my house which wasn't even remotely near spawn.

whitelistminecraft.png

But yeah, I probably won't be on again until the whitelist / update is in place. I had barely been playing at all as it is but this is just ridiculous.

Is this your first time playing? (I can't remember if you've been on the server before.) If so, it's probably that your view distance is set to Far. Set it to Normal or below; the client can't handle the Far view distance on multiplayer right now.

No, it's not the first time. I logged in a couple of times the day the server went up. But that was so long ago that you've must have built too much for my computer to take Far distance view 8-)

So I was looking around at various Minecraft mods and saw something that caught my eye. It's called Builder Bot and it's a program/bot for admins (though it looks like it comes with it's own white list so anyone could potentially use it).

But this is what really caught my eye:

"Copy & Paste 2D or 3D areas of the map from one part of the map to another, or due to how a chunk of the map is saved to your computer, to other servers."

If transferring chunks of one map to another is possible, it might be worth looking into, so we can keep our cool stuff. A program such as this could mean that we can fairly quickly reorganize where our buildings are located. You could build your house out in Tumblefuck, but realize that it's too far from everyone else and ask for a relocation. Or, say you made a really awesome statue and would like another. Easy-peasy.

god let´s get this just to transfer our unblemished stuff, then never use it again because it is just too cheap.