Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Nevermind the lavadong, my Deathstar is done! Albeit, made of glass. i plan to fill it up with lava to make an artificial sun.

So that's why I came across a bowl of lava a while ago.

Balls, I've been so wrapped up in FalloutNV that I've shirked my inventory duties, I still need to figure out how much shit in is the chests on the creeper temple. D:

edit: aw man, someone has already been down there fucking shit up, breaking chests flooding lava. :(

I left a sign about the creepers, but they seem to have blown it up. There are a bunch of glitchy mobs down there. I even saw a few slimes. I think we're going to have to use more lighting next time. Either that or strategically use creeper slave labor on upper levels.

i don't know about you guys, but i really want to just wait until the update to play. i can't find the interest to build something only to have it go away in five days.

if we're not losing all our inventory, can you mine the obsidian walls for me? and drop them in my chests in the bottom floor on the left from the stairs.

Same here. In a few days I'm going to go in and lay down the TNT for explodey goodness, but until the update, I'm not playing Minecraft, really.

By the way, I don't know what sorts of mods we still have on the server, but we're going to want to check them for compatibility with the update. The mod that "fixes" buckets, for instance, might be rendered unneeded if the update fixes them. Gotta check everything out.

I started my thing before any talk about save incompatibility appeared and I'll be damned before I let my project slip away and not get finished before then.

I'm going to trust that Notch will make sure that saves are compatible, but I am going to finish before we even see if they won't be.

I started my thing before any talk about save incompatibility appeared and I'll be damned before I let my project slip away and not get finished before then.

I'm going to trust that Notch will make sure that saves are compatible, but I am going to finish before we even see if they won't be.

"This is alpha so don't get too attached to your save files yet"

Oh boy...

This does not bode well

I am well aware of that quote.

If I am unfinished before such a thing happens, I will have only myself to blame.

Slash has said he will backup the save file before the evening events, and even if the new version breaks it, you can always get an old version online (torrents and such) so you will be able to go back and finish or look at what was done.

It seems that the old issue of having Minecraft crash when using higher display settings is fixed, because I've been playing on the server with everything maxed out. Which is really quite useful, as that I can now see the other buildings and bases everyone has made without having to wonder randomly into them.

Last night, I finally found that giant tree, a giant castle enclosed in cobblestone walls (complete with a Gondor-like structure) as well as the creeper temple area. By the way, Creepers have filled the place up, and while trying to escape them (I know there's no damage to you on the server), they blow up and took a few blocks with them. The weird thing is that the entire area is covered with torches, so I don't know how they spawned in there. There must have been a hidden area with no torches, or maybe a spawner.

Good times are had when you can see things more than twenty blocks away.

...a giant castle enclosed in cobblestone walls (complete with a Gondor-like structure)...

You found me! Awesome! Yeah, I'm going to be rather sad when the server restarts and I lose all that work. I stopped working on it to avoid having even more work lost. I'll be rebuilding it after the reboot, you can be sure of that.

I should take some pictures of it before it's gone, for future reference.

It seems that the old issue of having Minecraft crash when using higher display settings is fixed, because I've been playing on the server with everything maxed out. Which is really quite useful, as that I can now see the other buildings and bases everyone has made without having to wonder randomly into them.

i noticed this as well. my wife's laptop can't take advantage (at ALL) but my desktop does a great job when everything's maxed out.

the HD resolution patch i recently installed helps a lot, too =)