Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I don't think my highway has run out that way yet. So far as I know my highway only hits up The Damned, Hybrid's and a mine that I am planning on starting to dig as soon as my current mine is depleted.

Also is my tree preserve ok from the arsonist? I cant check at work and I am worried about it. Also I have some crops growing under the frozen lake near spawn. Can someone check on that too?

why are we building highways when waterways are so much faster to get around in?

I like building them, and it's nice to walk along them. Alternative travelways are a good thing. I use highways and canals.

Also I've finished my Tanker project on the docks, so if you wanna check it out, come have a looksee. Has a big indoor area in the hull. I'm looking for ideas for what to put on and in it!

I've set up the canal base in all directions near spawn. Feel free to extend them.

ALso buckets are still kind of buggy, so I spawned a bunch of water blocks and put them in the chest near spawn. Please use those instead of water buckets for now, as water buckets will, on rare occasion, cause huge cpu spikes.

I don't know the word arsonist (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but one of the forest fires was caused by me...

It's located right of spawn, on an island behind a frozen part of sea, right next to my (rebuilt) house. I've tried to build an oven fire inside a wooden house. I now know this is a dumb idea... I promise to not do it again!

Looking good on you...

I don't really look for a "ninja" skin since I don't want to be one.

My nick just stuck with me for several years now, I don't even remember it's source...

I COULD look for a pirate skin... A pirate named ninja, get it?

It would be hilarious!

Well, for me at least...

I don't know the word arsonist (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but one of the forest fires was caused by me...

It's located right of spawn, on an island behind a frozen part of sea, right next to my (rebuilt) house. I've tried to build an oven fire inside a wooden house. I now know this is a dumb idea... I promise to not do it again!

Well that's fine and dandy but that still doesn't explain the inexplicable fire that occurred over at hemos and near by Halt. :lol:

I remember The Damned talking about a fire and then suddenly vanished before Hemo and I could have reached him.

In any rate we just need to be more careful and quit being lazy about the leaves/trying to set chickens & pigs on fire near wooded areas.

On the note of trees...

Sure Notch broke the coding on leaves decaying but that shouldn't stop us from breaking the leaves up in the first place and replace the tree with a sapling before leaving.

The first images of my fortress city in progress.

fortress1.th.jpg

This is what you first see upon entering the city. Actually, if you're approaching it head-on, you'll see it long before you enter. It's not finished yet, but that's the main structure.

fortress3.th.jpg

From the top of the structure, you can see the wall surrounding the city. This shot shows the wall extending to the east, into the desert areas. To the west, not shown, is rainforest area (which was halfway burnt down earlier). The wall extends south on both ends to the coast.

fortress2v.th.jpg

Any successful fortress requires a source of food, and so here's the wheat farm! It will likely be expanded or another farm placed elsewhere. This is sufficient for now, though.

Now I have to start building buildings. Including my own home!

I went on a 2hour hike last night, Halcyon and stumbled across your fortress, I was pretty impressed when I came across that rock outcropping. Took me a while to find a way in though!

Ha, yeah. And thanks. I kinda wish I had built it a bit bigger, more in line with the size of it before the server reset, or at least moved it forward a bit. Oh well. Maybe I'll just move that wall section back a little instead.