Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

When he had to take down the server, Fire said that the backup plan he had would work, but it'd be about month before that could happen because he has to finish something first. Something about a website or something. Anyway, if the Minecraft server is going to be up again soon, it's probably not going to be using that plan.

so, i just checked the OCR TF2 stats page, and there are six people online. out of three servers.

good to see we're not clogging anything for you guys.

sorry for the double post.

while looking at this, i noticed that there's never more than five or six people online at any time besides around 7-930pm or so. so, couldn't they just shut the minecraft server down for those two or three hours, and then turn it back on when there's no one on TF2?

while looking at this, i noticed that there's never more than five or six people online at any time besides around 7-930pm or so. so, couldn't they just shut the minecraft server down for those two or three hours, and then turn it back on when there's no one on TF2?

Our server stats have month-long average statistics on a per-server basis.

Last Month for BLU (Primary):

show_graph.php?type=0&width=870&height=200&game=tf&server_id=5&bgcolor=282828&color=FFFFFF&range=3

Last Month for RED (Secondary/Event):

show_graph.php?type=0&width=870&height=200&game=tf&server_id=6&bgcolor=282828&color=FFFFFF&range=3

As you can see, traffic to our primary server died off when the Halloween event started at 9pm Wednesday, October 27th. The Event server had no less than 12 people every time I checked up through Sunday, meaning that I had to kick people off when changing server plugins leading up to Sunday's Halloween event.

This was one week ago.

As for the Private server, it's not normally there. It came into existence at Brushfire's request for private halloween achievement stuff, and has only really been used for a Halloween Special Event I scheduled. The server normally living at that address is the private 28-player Highlander Competition server.

In addition to those three servers, the machine hosts the Spengboob's Fightatron TF2 server, which FireSlash is paid separately to host. This server is not tracked on our stats.

Also, as previously mentioned, the remainder of the server's cost is paid by 34 TF2 players, myself included, and FireSlash himself.

One last note: Only two of us can start/stop the Minecraft server: FireSlash and myself.

tl;dr Your generalization of when the TF2 servers are and aren't used is wrong, the TF2 players pay for the server, plus only two of us can switch the Minecraft server on and off.

Edited by Powerlord

While you're busy talking about a server, let me talk about the actual game.

*Updated today*

- You no longer get stuck in the sky in multiplayer.

- Reduced CPU usage for monster spawning, but there’s still a lot of work to be done to reduce lag on SMP servers

- Fixed the leaf particle colors

Not sure if that fixes the leaves decaying or whatnot, but whatever.

clearly, i've been a complete ass about this, and there's no culpability elsewhere. sorry for wanting to play this game with the rest of the community. i guess it's all my fault. sorry for complaining about it, powerjesus.

i'm sure all the extra people online for the halloween special event - you said 12 minimum, right? - weren't on there for the halloween special event, but just because they love to play TF2 constantly. i also like how you ignored my commentary about time-of-day, where i noted that there's rarely anyone online during the middle of the day, and most people play late at night. i'm sure that the six or seven people who were online with reserved slots during the day could work alongside of the ten or so minecraft players during the day, and then you just shut it down when the whole horde of TF2ers show up at night. but that's just me. i obviously don't know what i'm talking about with this stuff.

i've got a server sitting at my house, but i don't have the internet connection to make it worthwhile putting it online. too bad.

clearly, i've been a complete ass about this, and there's no culpability elsewhere. sorry for wanting to play this game with the rest of the community. i guess it's all my fault. sorry for complaining about it, powerjesus.

i'm sure all the extra people online for the halloween special event - you said 12 minimum, right? - weren't on there for the halloween special event, but just because they love to play TF2 constantly. i also like how you ignored my commentary about time-of-day, where i noted that there's rarely anyone online during the middle of the day, and most people play late at night. i'm sure that the six or seven people who were online with reserved slots during the day could work alongside of the ten or so minecraft players during the day, and then you just shut it down when the whole horde of TF2ers show up at night. but that's just me. i obviously don't know what i'm talking about with this stuff.

i've got a server sitting at my house, but i don't have the internet connection to make it worthwhile putting it online. too bad.

TF2 is way more popular than logic.