Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I don't recall ever saying I'd turn it on when the tf2 servers weren't. Lots of other services run off that box which were also affected.

I'll work on moving the server today or tomorrow as time allows. IJ offered his box, so we'll be moving there again. It might lag a bit though.

it'd be a $1.00-1.50 a month.

that said, if the server's back up at some point, fantastic. i'm really just looking for a community option to be able to play.

I only play on the community server no single player.

As much as i would love to pay for a space to host. I'm dead broke, and the money i do get has to go to other things.

I'm a poor college student, so that option is out of the window. However, if that means that I have to wait before I can get back to work, I'd be willing to live with wait.

And by poor college student, I mean debt up to eyeballs coming from a no-income family with absolutely no money in the bank. Why I decide to play games on the internet is completely unknown by me.

it'd be a $1.00-1.50 a month.

that said, if the server's back up at some point, fantastic. i'm really just looking for a community option to be able to play.

I'll have to think about it, final year of Uni and no job at the moment. In the mean time, if you could post all the relevant information, like who'd be hosting, would "anyone" get white-listed while those paying get admin benefits, etc.

Ok Fire, I'm gonna float myself as a potential server host. I recently bought a new decent modem/router so my connection is nice and solid now. CPU is only a couple months old (i7) and I run nothing else.

The only two cons I can think of are that I'm in Australia, so the server might be more laggy for everyone due to distance, and I'd need to leave my computer running 24/7, which would cost me a lot more than it does currently. I'd probably make it so you need to give me a dollar to be whitelisted on the server each month just to cover the extra juice.

Thoughts?

Edit: of course, if the more well-funded individuals on here wish to buy credits for other people who are up to their eyes in debt, I'd be happy for that, it'd certainly make you popular.

Edited by The Orichalcon

Ok Fire, I'm gonna float myself as a potential server host. I recently bought a new decent modem/router so my connection is nice and solid now. CPU is only a couple months old (i7) and I run nothing else.

The only two cons I can think of are that I'm in Australia, so the server might be more laggy for everyone due to distance, and I'd need to leave my computer running 24/7, which would cost me a lot more than it does currently. I'd probably make it so you need to give me a dollar to be whitelisted on the server each month just to cover the extra juice.

Thoughts?

Edit: of course, if the more well-funded individuals on here wish to buy credits for other people who are up to their eyes in debt, I'd be happy for that, it'd certainly make you popular.

i think australia would have too much lag.

honestly, i'd be happy to pay the five or ten dollars it'd take to get some people online (if you told me your power supply size and efficiency, or your model number, i could tell you how much it'd cost for the year), but i don't think that that would be a viable option. and while i'd be happy to manage an online server, at the same time i don't think people are going to want to pay to play the game in its current state.

i think that, at this point, we might just want to find another server and populate that one.

Well, I could spare $10 if it would help get the server started up on that multiplay thing

I don't know if Crowbar Man worded himself well, but he is offering to absorb the cost and buy one of those packages on Multiplay for us. Now, if you have an extra dollar or something to throw his way at any time, it would sure be swell of you.

The only problem I see is that we will have to start over. I don't know if Fireslash has a backup we could have or if that is even possible.

Yeah, I can either just help get the server started, or if nobody is willing, I guess me and Gman could set up a server ourselves on Multiplay and invite you guys. Hopefully the backup would be provided, if not we'd have to start over but the server is kinda started over anyways at this point. If nobody says yay or nay i'll probably just do the latter soon.

Edit: If Multiplay sounds like a trusted service to you guys.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I've done some reasearch on http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/ and it looks like we are going to give it a shot. We're going to try a one month deal with them and we will try it out and see how it goes. Customer reviews seem to be rather favourable. I wish they had a more clear listing of their stats as, "Unlike many other GSP's Multiplay own and operate their own network, to help keep your pings as low as possible and give you the very best online gaming experience." isn't exactly enough technical information as I'd like.

Wait, it costs how much for a server for a year?

i'd go monthly. it's a bit more, but we might as well make sure it's going to get used, you know. i don't think it'd be a good idea to get a ton of money in a service and then find out it sucks.

crowbar, if you want to go that route, i can get you five dollars no problem. a 12-16 person server would be cheap, and i think it'd work out well.

i'd go monthly. it's a bit more, but we might as well make sure it's going to get used, you know. i don't think it'd be a good idea to get a ton of money in a service and then find out it sucks.

crowbar, if you want to go that route, i can get you five dollars no problem. a 12-16 person server would be cheap, and i think it'd work out well.

Crowbar is ordering the service at the moment. We are going to purchase the 8-slot option, I don't recall ever seeing more than 8 on at a time when I played. This will also help keep cost down.

If you feel like donating anything to Crowbar, that would be so much appreciated.

We'll give this a shot. If we aren't satisfied, at least this will give us a month to find something better.