Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Enough server talk, here is my latest "homebase" for a single player game.

SkyGarden

The shots actually focus more on my farm setup, which is suspended in midair atop 2 towers topped by lava globes. The farm is 40 blocks big, and I have added 2 trees to the back of the farm for easy 24/7 wood access. Underground I have a cobblestone distributor that I may simply relocate up top to turn the sky garden into my main hub.

farm2a.th.png

farm1n.th.png

farm3.th.png

skygarden

that looks pretty cool =) inefficient in terms of space and materials usage, but it looks awesome.

i'm planning on converting the under-floor room that i have currently into an extensive underwater farm, and converting the area that's currently the farm into a library. i'd happily pay reeds, cacti, iron (ingots or blocks), and bookcases in exchange for lots more wood and sand/glass. i need a ton =) anyone interested? i'm starting to stripmine the local areas for sand, and i definitely don't have much in the way of wood locally.

that looks pretty cool =) inefficient in terms of space and materials usage, but it looks awesome.

i'm planning on converting the under-floor room that i have currently into an extensive underwater farm, and converting the area that's currently the farm into a library. i'd happily pay reeds, cacti, iron (ingots or blocks), and bookcases in exchange for lots more wood and sand/glass. i need a ton =) anyone interested? i'm starting to stripmine the local areas for sand, and i definitely don't have much in the way of wood locally.

I can help in the tree department, since my house is above a forest. I won't be on until later tonight though, but when I catch you, I'll give you some. I'm not sure what I'm going to need myself yet, so we can settle the trade at a later point.

Yeah but every morning, during the symphony of burning skeletons and zombies, as I gracefully pick out creepers and turn them into dust, it feels quite efficient to me.

I'd love to get on (MC: Torzelan)! Sounds rough if the server's already maxing out though.

Yeah, it is. The TF2 group kicked us off the box for good reasons.

It's like our parents are on unemployment and all we can afford is a small server for the time being. :wink:

I went exploring to the Northeast and came across these:

A tree growing on a floating dirt island. Kinda cute.

4TXxg.png

This natural formation is just awesome. It's unfortunate noone can build there without destroying it (as soon as you touch it, all the sand will fall down.) But damn if I wasn't impressed. There was even a lavafall to the side that I forgot to screencap.

DOn3I.png

yS8cr.png

Nx0qs.png

I'd love to get on (MC: Torzelan)! Sounds rough if the server's already maxing out though.

Once you do get on the server, I'd recommend heading either East, South or North. As far as I've noticed we already have quite a few head West. But if you do head West and you see a thick Watch Tower just keep walking as my place is dead West.

Nearby myself is Kirgio's place and a little before me is Gollgagh who, last I've heard, has claimed a floating island.

Don't try to set up camp near spawn as it's crowded enough as it is.

"Working on boats and minecarts in SMP now. Only riding them left to add!" - Notch

Do we want to continue the canal project or optimistically suspend it pending minecarts?

May want to continue them on the off chance there is not enough iron to make tracks to begin with. Not to mention I remember a couple of players throwing their iron away by making buckets for lava collecting to fuel their furnaces.

Not sure though...

May want to continue them on the off chance there is not enough iron to make tracks to begin with. Not to mention I remember a couple of players throwing their iron away by making buckets for lava collecting to fuel their furnaces.

Not sure though...

i have 30 blocks of iron, and another 30 ingots i haven't crafted into blocks yet. that works out to what, 300 ingots? at least? that's enough for 800 mine tracks. i'm sure others have a lot as well.

i think we'll have enough.

i have 30 blocks of iron, and another 30 ingots i haven't crafted into blocks yet. that works out to what, 300 ingots? at least? that's enough for 800 mine tracks. i'm sure others have a lot as well.

i think we'll have enough.

I'm sitting on about the same after digging the canal to my place, planned to run mine tracks out to my place along the canal when carts worked.