Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

i have 30 blocks of iron, and another 30 ingots i haven't crafted into blocks yet. that works out to what, 300 ingots? at least? that's enough for 800 mine tracks. i'm sure others have a lot as well.

i think we'll have enough.

i forgot to mention that, even though i've got all that iron, i've got about six ingots of gold, total. haven't found anything so far with that.

So who has access to the server now? Someone who does should start taking the files and, every once in a while, making an overview map of the region for people to look at. It'd make finding others and planning bigger projects much easier.

EDIT:

Unlike the canals, at least the minecart can actually go up with little resistance right?

Depends on how you power the minecarts. If you're using boosters, yeah, going up isn't too much of a problem. If you're going to try to be legit and only use powered minecarts, though, then it's a bit harder. A single powered minecart pushing a player-occupied minecart can't handle anything steeper than a 1/3 slope (1 vertical for every 3 horizontal). If you use two powered minecarts, you can go up a 1/2 slope (and a 1/1 slope, albeit very slowly).

Edited by HalcyonSpirit

Depends on how you power the minecarts. If you're using boosters, yeah, going up isn't too much of a problem. If you're going to try to be legit and only use powered minecarts, though, then it's a bit harder. A single powered minecart pushing a player-occupied minecart can't handle anything steeper than a 1/3 slope (1 vertical for every 3 horizontal). If you use two powered minecarts, you can go up a 1/2 slope (and a 1/1 slope, albeit very slowly).

i would prefer to stay legitimate. we can have a tower at spawn, and just have minimal downhill slopes in each direction to nodes that branch towards people's stuff. since we all still have /spawn, we don't need to go back.

So who has access to the server now? Someone who does should start taking the files and, every once in a while, making an overview map of the region for people to look at. It'd make finding others and planning bigger projects much easier.

I'd love to make screenshots showing progress in general too, whats the best program to do either/or? I'm making backups each night

Edit: Speaking of, server down for backups, had a weird message so im downloading the backups locally out of paranoia lol. Server will be back up (hopefully) soon

Edit2: Back up! Slots to 8, well see how it goes.

Edited by Crowbar Man

really?

They've been fairly persistent on the unmod server (albeit unusable)

Edit: The way that notch has had boats working in SMP is client-side only, which is why you can't see other people's boats. Minecarts were being handled by the server which is why they didn't work at all, but also why you could see other peoples' minecarts.

I'm fairly confident they won't despawn like boats.

as an aside, I'm pretty sure that Notch has been working on server-side boats as well, so they should stop despawning as well (boats are so cheap though it really shouldn't matter, but at least people will stop water-skating)

Edited by Gollgagh