Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

As for colors, it would be nice if Nocht still had the colored cloth.

First off, according to yee ole wiki, "Colored cloth will cause Infdev and Alpha to crash as the blocks do not exist in the clients anymore.", so no coloured cloth for Damned. As for duping, if it could break the server, and we all know how fragile the minecraft server is, don't do it, not that fucking hard to understand. An admin handing out blocks shouldn't break the server so if the admin wants to do it, it's up to them.

Personally, the only thing the admin should hand out is water for the canals, along with maybe ice and snow.

The point is, regardless of who's the admin now, everyone that's bitching about duping now are the same people that had no problem with being given stuff by the admin before. It's pure hypocrisy. Bullshit like that needs to get called out, not mocked because you can't come up with any actual counterpoints.

Until multiplayer gets more variety in building block colors, all we're going to see is the same obsidian, stone and wood everything. I just want some color to make things look nicer, and people here are treating it like it's some sort of game-breaking flaw.

Here's a thought for some of you: you're saying that not mining goes against the spirit of the game. Maybe. But the other side of the spirit is building. Forcing other to work with less isn't fair, either. Some of us just want to make things. I've helped out with the road, I've helped out with other peoples bases. I've donated materials and time. I just want to make something I find cool and interesting, and now I'm being told that the best way to do so is bad based upon the opinions of others.

I'm trying to make something I think is good, and I'm going to dupe the fuck out of any gold and diamond I find so I can make blue and yellow blocks. Until Notch makes diamond and gold blocks explosive or capable of melting the world, I'm going to enjoy the building part of the game. You don't want to do so, fine, but don't give me or anyone else shit for wanting to build instead of digging for days at a time.

And those that say "oh, but it takes effort to mine", yes it does. But so does making building. I've put as much time into just laying out my base as you have getting the stuff for it. That's not including the legitimate mining I did for all that smoothstone and smelting it in my bases furnaces. If I did include that, it might add up to more.

The point is, regardless of who's the admin now, everyone that's bitching about duping now are the same people that had no problem with being given stuff by the admin before. It's pure hypocrisy. Bullshit like that needs to get called out, not mocked because you can't come up with any actual counterpoints.

Until multiplayer gets more variety in building block colors, all we're going to see is the same obsidian, stone and wood everything. I just want some color to make things look nicer, and people here are treating it like it's some sort of game-breaking flaw.

Here's a thought for some of you: you're saying that not mining goes against the spirit of the game. Maybe. But the other side of the spirit is building. Forcing other to work with less isn't fair, either. Some of us just want to make things. I've helped out with the road, I've helped out with other peoples bases. I've donated materials and time. I just want to make something I find cool and interesting, and now I'm being told that the best way to do so is bad based upon the opinions of others.

I'm trying to make something I think is good, and I'm going to dupe the fuck out of any gold and diamond I find so I can make blue and yellow blocks. Until Notch makes diamond and gold blocks explosive or capable of melting the world, I'm going to enjoy the building part of the game. You don't want to do so, fine, but don't give me or anyone else shit for wanting to build instead of digging for days at a time.

And those that say "oh, but it takes effort to mine", yes it does. But so does making building. I've put as much time into just laying out my base as you have getting the stuff for it. That's not including the legitimate mining I did for all that smoothstone and smelting it in my bases furnaces. If I did include that, it might add up to more.

i think you're reading too far into it. not to mention no one was "bitching" before you came in and dramarama'd it up. i never really got the hang of duping, but i accepted stuff from fireslash gladly simply because it was available. it's not available now, so now i'm stopping.

if you want the game to look nicer, you probably should play a game where all the visuals aren't built out of 1m cubed blocks :<

notch has stated that the flowers will be used for dyes in the future. just wait until it's fixed, and you'll be set. until then, get creative! there are a lot more colors than gray and brown. cactus and mossy cobble gives you green blocks. glass - and water/ice, if you can wrangle it - gives you clear and blue. obsidian is that purplish color. the only color you're really missing is red and orange, and bookshelves and some paintings look red from a distance.

saying that you're going to dupe everything isn't necessarily a good idea, considering that the people running the server have requested that you NOT do it in order to maintain the stability of the server. a better option would be to make something useful and trade for other people's stuff. i'd happily trade you stuff if you wanted it. but you just seem convinced that the only way to play the game is to break it. if you so desperately want to build stuff, play creative mode. you can get as much of everything as you could ever want, without too much hassle.

Edited by prophetik music

and I am asking you nicely to not dupe. If you want to dupe and have colors, do so in the single player mode, or just download some texture mode that gives you all the colors of the rainbow.

Also brick will give you something that is red/white.

Color List:

White: Snow, Bricks (have white cement)

Red: Brick, Lava,

Orange: Pumpkins

Blue: Diamonds, Water

Green: Gr ........really, just making this list there is no shortage of colors. It just sounds like you are stubbornly limiting yourself to only seeing browns and greys.

Edited by Meeting_Gman

Then there's no point in playing. I can't be creative with what there is, and the only option there is to have more to work with is being removed from my grasp. I only want two purely aesthetic blocks in large quantities so I can make something, and I'm being told I can't.

Fine. Take me off the whitelist then. If I can't play the half of the game I like because of other people's self-imposed rules, then the game is no longer worth playing. You're removed the only reason I had for playing it.

You can say it's being overdramatic, but I don't care anymore. What little interest I've had in this game lately is effectively killed now that you're saying my creative efforts don't mesh with yours. Your server, your rules, fine.

Bye, hope everyone that sticks around still gets some enjoyment out of it.

Edited by The Damned

Then there's no point in playing. I can't be creative with what there is, and the only option there is to have more to work with is being removed from my grasp. I only want two purely aesthetic blocks in large quantities so I can make something, and I'm being told I can't.

Fine. Take me off the whitelist then. If I can't play the half of the game I like because of other people's self-imposed rules, then the game is no longer worth playing. You're removed the only reason I had for playing it.

You can say it's being overdramatic, but I don't care anymore. What little interest I've had in this game lately is effectively killed now that you're saying my creative efforts don't mesh with yours. Your server, your rules, fine.

Bye, hope everyone that sticks around still gets some enjoyment out of it.

So your whole world would be better if you just had blue and yellow?

Don't you think it might be a bit selfish to do things that may or may not cause trouble for the server and other users? We are giving you alternatives.

Also, no reason to remove you from the whitelist, you're just being a little dramatic, big deal, you'll get over it. You can also wait until Crowbar gets home. He's more a way more level-headed person then I am.

Minecraft server is still down as our server host is apparently waiting on a third party person by the name of hey0 to update his one mod.

Edited by Meeting_Gman

There seems to be some significant new bugs introduced with this patch. Many with minecarts, as to be expected (including crashing the server if you ride a minecart into lava), but also problems with blocks reappearing when mining (and it's not due to lag, either). Might want to wait until another patch comes out to fix some of these... but I'm not sure how long that'll be.

So your whole world would be better if you just had blue and yellow?

No, the fact that the only way to fulfill my creative idea is being no-noed. That's the problem. Trying to get the most out of what I have to use and the means to do that effectively is what I'm talking about. Duping lets you amass a lot of super-rare material that has no real value outside of a few tools, which are easily repaired by use of another glitch. Which, I might add, no one seems to mind using at all. Throwing your pick and picking it up again to get it fixed is fine, but duping isn't. Again, hypocrisy. One glitch is fine but another is wrong.

Don't you think it might be a bit selfish to do things that may or may not cause trouble for the server and other users? We are giving you alternatives.

Problems which, if I recall correctly, are evidenced entirely by anecdotal statements from people that aren't here to prove with hard data.

And the alternatives are what, exactly? Trade for something now one else has? Not build the things I want to? Wait for an update that may or may not include more building material options? How long will that be? Months? I really have no options now. I either leave what I've done imcomplete, or stop playing. I already invested all that time and effort in making it, and now I can do nothing with it.

Also, no reason to remove you from the whitelist, you're just being a little dramatic, big deal, you'll get over it.

Yeah, I am. Maybe it's because I paid for a game and want to play it, but the only decent server I can play on is giving me crap for doing something that its other members do as well, but won't admit to it. Hell, I've gone back online and found more stuff in my baes than I left with, so I know I'm not the only one that does it. I didn't have four packs of TNT and ten blocks of gold, but someone sure as hell did, and they put them in my chests.

Edited by The Damned

Blaming other people all the time, won't help your cause though, not everyone is guilty of the "crimes" you perceive them to be.

Crimes? I just said that it's pretty damn hypocritical to say "Damned, don't dupe, ok?" when there's clear evidence that others are, as well as using other glitches. Crimes, indeed.

And how am I blaming others? I'm pointing out that others are doing the same thing. That's not blaming. That's pointing out the truth.

I know that not everyone here does it. But I know several people that have and currently do. I didn't say anything to them about it, just as they didn't say anything to me. They will continue to do so as well. Good for them. Let them have the means to play the way they want.

For the love of God, this game is in ALPHA stage. There are A SHIT TON of stuff planned for this game. So everyone, PLEASE, stop being melodramatic about anything. Did anyone not read my post earlier with the line "ethic morals aside" at all? If you personally don't feel like doing it then don't. Simple as that. Don't preach it onto others. It MAY affect the server. It MAY make access to materials easier. But, it does NOT mean it's right or wrong. So just shut up and PLAY an ALPHA GAME.

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

Get it by now? I sure hope so. Let me try it again.

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

ALPHA GAME

Edited by Capa Langley

the damned /= rational human being.

we're not taking away the only way for you to enjoy the game. there's another solution - wait until dying and all that is fixed, so you can dye cloth blocks all you want.

be creative and i'm certain that you'll work out what you want to do. bitching - which you're doing now - won't fix it.

At this point, it's more about the blatant hypocrisy about using some glitches and not others. I've been less and less interested in Minecraft for a while now, but this just finishes it for me.

The fact that there are multiple people use these glitches, including some of the "duping is bad, yo" group, just drives me nuts. I'll say it again. Hypocrisy. This one is fine, that is not. I never used duping for anything bad, like whoever it was that blew up entire areas of the old server, yet I'm being told not to dupe really rare and hard to get stuff because... of mythical server damage of some kind? Because it's not the way others want to play? How does my making blocks quicker and easier ruin their ability to play?

It just really pisses me off.

Well, I'll go see if I can find information that suggest duping causes no issues. Blaming other people all the time, won't help your cause though, not everyone is guilty of the "crimes" you perceive them to be.

QFE

I think this is the best way to go. Your argument is a valid one, Damned, but getting super pissed about it isn't solving anything. I think everyone wants to make sure that the server as a whole can function, given that it's been on a hair's breadth of shutting down now for some time. Give it a few days, we'll get things stable and do some research, and find out whether duping is going to really cause problems or not.

On the other hand, I don't find your cries of hypocrisy in the case of the tool glitch (or the torch one for that matter) to be particularly fair. As far as anyone knows, and there's been no presentation of evidence or hearsay to the contrary, those glitches do not affect the game or the server in any way. Caution in regards to duping, regardless of the reliability of Fireslash's sources (which none of us have any way of judging), seems justifiable.

In the meantime, why not open your own mini-server? Right now there seems to be some problems with it (I'm not sure why it won't recognize that the server is open from the same IP at the moment), but I use it constantly when it works as a way to test new construction options before utilizing them elsewhere.

where the hell is all this hypocrisy stuff coming from? i don't glitch. almost everyone else doesn't, either. i stopped using the durability glitch like three days after i found out about it. i trade for diamonds now if i'm running low. i just play the game the way it's intended to be played - i follow the rules set out by the game, and that's it.

the reason people don't want duping in their world is because they work hard to get what they get, and then some asshat comes in and dupes tons of shit instantly and nullifies their work. who cares if it harms the server or not?

it's a fucking game, man. take a chill pill.

Crowbar Man is going to see if he can disable Hey0's admin mod so that people can join. However, I don't know if the server has been updated yet, hence why you may be getting an error when trying to connect. Probably not going to work, but he is going to look into it.

As for duping, I'm making an effort to try to find information and I'm going to ask our server host (why didn't I think of that to begin with) if it's harmful at all. In the end it all comes down to what Crowbar and all of you think.

If you would like duping, please explicit explain it here, if not, then please say to the contrary.

Wrong. Who cares if someone has more blocks of diamond than you do? However, we care about the condition of the server because if it's down then no one would be able to play. Also, if it crashes while you're working hard to build something rather monumental and the map had to roll back to a previous state and you end up losing what you had done THEN you have all right to be upset. But upset towards whom? The ones who over exert themselves without care about the server. I don't care if people dupe or glitch or exploit. I do know what even you, Damned, would understand how anyone would feel about losing a lot of hard work. Just don't overdo it IF it does causes any stress on the server. That's my concern. That's the concern of the people who OWN the servers and the ones who PAY for the server. Anyone saying anything else is just being stupidly uptight for no reason.

Damned: The item dropping glitch is mostly because, like damage, boats, etc, theres a lot of things handled client side that haven't been moved over to server side (since notch apparently is writing the games multiplayer backwards). Its nothing that will break the server: The server doesn't HANDLE it. I just started running the server so I dont know the details about what the duping does and what problems it caused. I got my info from fireslash, who himself isn't sure if its still a problem or not. He had asked people not to dupe, so we were too. This was a rule that was instated before the server migration, when the halloween patch came out. I don't really know what all the fuss is about though, I can't see anywhere in the thread were anybody has been directly hostile towards you. Most people are joking around actually. Calm down a bit!

I'm sorry that you feel the game is limiting your creation, but as the above poster stated: We just dont want the server to come crashing down. This new one isn't exactly as stable as the last one, we hit RAM ceilings a few times our first few days, though Multiplay has fixed that for now

Edited by Crowbar Man

Interesting thing about creativity: Typically, the more tools and resources you have at your disposal, the less inspired/creative you will be. Limiting what you can do, and what you can use means you are forced to be creative to fully realize what it is you have in your mind.

As to the duping thing, I've never done it, nor will I ever be tempted to. Do I care if others dupe? Not really. Unless, of course, it harms the server, because that's very obviously affecting other people and their ability to play.