Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Well, not much I can do for now. Its kinda a silly setup, apparently the Hey0 mod is required for my server to run, I can't remove it, so they aren't probably going to update my files until the Hey0 mod is updated anyways. Maybe i could request it but I dont think they want to run any servers w/o Hey0 + their own plugin. There are a few major draw backs to having the server set up this way :/ oh well, unless someone just has a monster machine with tons of extra bandwidth well have to just deal with these inconveniences. Its not all bad!

I'll work on getting one of these images up

Abadoss: the error message should say server is outdated, or client is too new, instead it just decides any version thats not the version it wants is "outdated", just another example of notch's superior coding skills!11

Edited by Crowbar Man

Texture Pack for the new client!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehxx7f9p3l318g6

Instructions are in the zip, but I'll copy it here too:

Make sure Minecraft isn't running!

Place OCRTexturePack.zip inside the following folder:

- for Windows 7:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks

Now close all open folders, run Minecraft and select the pack from the Textures selection screen!

Enjoy!

Much easier to install and enjoy!

The Site

Uh excuse the horrid placeholder design, I didn't know what to code in PHP and Gman will probably handle the pretty parts, so just some terrible plain html. Rusty web designing skills indeed

But heres a shot of the world as of the 9th i beleive. Scroll around to see, or right click on the link to download even bigger version .

Those inclined to donate can if they wish, though might want to wait until the server comes back up

Edited by Crowbar Man

Other than a few rendering hiccups, it looks good. For those of you looking at the picture, looking at the full size version will give a good view of everything. The scaled down version you can see directly on the page makes everything a little bit too small to see things clearly.

If anyone's looking for my place, it's on the right side of the map, a little bit down from the top. Look for the large enclosed area by one of the larger bodies of water. Not too hard to find. Incidentally, remember that fire I had to put out not too long ago? That's to the right of my main wall, the empty area of grass. You can clearly see how far it could have spread if I had not halted its progress in time.

I downloaded the big map, but windows 7 doesnt seem to like it. Apparently it's in an 'incorrect bitmap format'

Hmm I just logged into Windows 7 and having no problems here. Maybe delete it and try to redownload, its 20MB so if its smaller than that it not finished

Edit: Oh did you try to open it in Paint? Hmm let me see what i can do

Was that you who kicked me off, Crowbar? I was in for a couple of hours, now I'm getting the outdated client thing again.

I reset the server this morning because I was getting that error, sorry if you got kicked :/ I just logged in without problems and I see Hylian is on, maybe a glitch? Try shutting down minecraft

For some reason Paint in 7 wont open anything but the original png even if i convert it with Paint, so I uploaded the original png.

I reset the server this morning because I was getting that error, sorry if you got kicked :/ I just logged in without problems and I see Hylian is on, maybe a glitch? Try shutting down minecraft

For some reason Paint in 7 wont open anything but the original png even if i convert it with Paint, so I uploaded the original png.

It was just before I posted that. Was on, then I got a server message that I was getting kicked off, and now I can't get back on. :( Oh well, try again tomorrow morning.

The Site

Uh excuse the horrid placeholder design, I didn't know what to code in PHP and Gman will probably handle the pretty parts, so just some terrible plain html. Rusty web designing skills indeed

But heres a shot of the world as of the 9th i beleive. Scroll around to see, or right click on the link to download even bigger version .

Those inclined to donate can if they wish, though might want to wait until the server comes back up

I hate how the maps always come out upside down (based on in game directions for north) Also, that is bloody huge, guess a lot of people have gone for walks.

phill: I can change the direction of the map rendering, for some reason it defaults North as bottom/left... which makes no sense. I could just set north to top right and that should look alright.

If everybody thinks thats the way it should be rendered I'll render maps that way instead

Personally, I would like to see it flipped (north being top/right) just because I am picky, not really a big deal though.