Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Things i've noticed:

As you mention, this newest update has made the block reappearing problem 10x worse, almost EVERY time you mine a block it reappears now :/

Lag is generally worse now, lag spikes everywhere. I think due to more frequent CPU spikes

Boats are server side now so other players can see them, but riding them is dangerous now. Its laggy, and If you lag too much while riding a boat, you'll be stuck, and often in some seizurerific grid lag world, and nothing but disconnecting fixes it, which then sometimes creates a clone of you.

Fun times! Hopefully some patches will come out to fix these issues, from both noth and fans

So hey guys. If you're feeling tired of all your spawny snow, you should come visit Lemon Resort to the north (follow the Redneck-ville sign at spawn :<).

Here's the finished biodome. It took me a few days to carve out. It's constantly full of animals, despite being underground. :P

MinecraftBiodome.png

Edited by Hylian Lemon

So hey guys. If you're feeling tired of all your spawny snow, you should come visit Lemon Resort to the north (follow the Redneck-ville sign at spawn :<).

Here's the finished biodome. It took me a few days to carve out. It's constantly full of animals, despite being underground. :P

MinecraftBiodome.png

Very nice.

I'm in the process of digging a big hole between two adjacent bluffs, because I want a tower on a bridge over a deep lava pit. Takes a looong time.

I'm working on making all the public areas look nicer. I'm tired of seeing ugly holes in the ground, torches randomly scattered everywhere, patchy snow where people have shovelled it carelessly. Time to clean up and straighten up I say!

I just wish there wasn't that unworkable square around spawn so I could tidy up in that area.

I'm working on making all the public areas look nicer. I'm tired of seeing ugly holes in the ground, torches randomly scattered everywhere, patchy snow where people have shovelled it carelessly. Time to clean up and straighten up I say!

I just wish there wasn't that unworkable square around spawn so I could tidy up in that area.

i thought that was just linked to someone's account? if it's fireslash or someone, maybe they can just tidy up a bit the next time they're online.

Well... I still can't smelt anything. Anyone know a work around for this? Or, I would be willing to trade smelted iron/gold for unsmelted...

Make sure you do the following:

Place your furnaces away from any other blocks, except the one it sits on. There's a bug that makes your furnace eat stuff if it's next to other blocks, it's a bug in the way the game re-positions furnaces (turns them around)

Once you put your coal and smelting items in, close the furnace screen, smelting won't work while you're watching.

Don't check it too often as it's possible a servercheck bug can delete your stuff.

Once the flames go out you should be able to grab your stuff.

That little bridge right at the spawn point needs a makeover. We could even turn it into a little raised welcome center with directions and stuff. But yeah...spawn protection. Aaaaghh

Anyway, I've been expanding/altering the highway to Redneck-ville so it won't be quite as narrow and zigzaggy. (I don't know who edited that sign, but we're keeping it 8-))

Place your furnaces away from any other blocks, except the one it sits on. There's a bug that makes your furnace eat stuff if it's next to other blocks, it's a bug in the way the game re-positions furnaces (turns them around)

Once you put your coal and smelting items in, close the furnace screen, smelting won't work while you're watching.

Don't check it too often as it's possible a servercheck bug can delete your stuff.

My furnaces are placed snugly in between chests and sand walls, and I've only rarely lost anything.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Furnaces tend not to bug out if there's sufficient lighting around. And if they do bug out, lighting a fire next to them will almost always fix them.

torches, people

torches every single time

I've lost less than three stacks of material in the month and however long it's been since discovering this method, and I've gone through hundreds of thousands of blocks

I have yet to lose anything to furnaces since I put together my furnace room. If you want to avoid losing things to furnaces, set them up so that there is only ONE way they can possibly face. That way the auto-rotate bug doesn't kick in. I can't show a picture right now because Minecraft.net is down, but just have the furnaces surrounded on all sides except one by any other block, including other furnaces. The furnaces will auto-rotate to face the one open side, and they will stay that way, thus preventing them from eating resources.

weird. i've never had any issues with losing stuff.

Looks like minecraft.net has been having some issues.

I've updated the map, i've turned it so up/right is north, and shrunk it 1/3 instead of 1/4 so you can see things a bit more clearly.

http://minecraft.minnazu.com/

Wow. Who built the great wall to the south? Speaking of south, could we get a highway to the south island? Who's in charge of highways? Is it just anybody?