Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Crow has the whitelist up at his MC site, but I guess you could like to there in the first post if you haven't already.

also, crow, we should totally switch our method of map viewing, instead of giant image download we should be using something like this: http://www.coesquest.com/world-map

Edit: also maybe every new person added to the white list could be put in a special group that only allows them to walk around and see stuff (read: unable to destroy/place blocks) until they can prove that they're trustworthy, with hey0's mod I'm pretty sure we can do this.

I believe Crowbar already looked into that map viewer, unfortunately I believe the issue was that our web host doesn't provide Python. We will need to do something though, the map is just getting too big it to be viewed properly and easily.

As for user permissions, I think there was a "guest" group and I think we can do something like disallow the use of TNT, Lighters, ect. I think. As it is right now, we can view the actions of every user, so if anything nefarious happens we can pin-point the origin. Not to point the finger at Ferret, who didn't know that forest fires will not go out on their own in time.

yeah it was already in there, I just updated the description text

Do you also have the IRC address posted in the first post? I couldn't seem to find it, but then again I have a tendency to not see things right in front of my face.

I believe Crowbar already looked into that map viewer, unfortunately I believe the issue was that our web host doesn't provide Python. We will need to do something though, the map is just getting too big it to be viewed properly and easily.

There is an executable version of Overviewer that allows for maps to be generated in a similar fashion to what Crowbar is currently using. There are a few catches though, the first rendering takes several hours, north is down and to the left again and a 90mb minecraft map produces ~900mb worth of png so you need to use something like pngcrush to compress things a little. I am trying to get a script to work that will take the current image and slice it up into tiles for each of the zoom levels but its giving me grief, once I have it figured out I will post the results.

Damnit, Notch has fixed the tool-drop glitch for the next update. So from now on you can't drop a tool and pick it up to regenerate it.

In this case, might be nice to have a few chests full of diamond tools we can grab for use. I hate having to carry out hundreds of stone/iron picks.

Hey0's mod allows for kits to be made; would be nice if tools where part of one so people, or at least people that donate, don't have to carry around a dozen of each.

Damnit, Notch has fixed the tool-drop glitch for the next update. So from now on you can't drop a tool and pick it up to regenerate it.

In this case, might be nice to have a few chests full of diamond tools we can grab for use. I hate having to carry out hundreds of stone/iron picks.

or, you know, we can just make our own stuff with what we dig. you know, since it's kind of the point of the game :<

I didn't see the tool-drop glitch as one of the ones fixed in his blog. You sure?

Regardless, in single-player I normally just carry around a workbench and a stack of logs with me. That way, whenever I need a new tool, I just drop the workbench, craft a log into sticks, and use the cobble I get from mining to create new stone tools. Saves on space compared to just carrying a whole bunch of tools with you from the start. I prefer that to using a mod to make it easier to get free tools. :?

Amazing work there phill! That looks excellent!

I'll link it in the MC page, and that should definately be added in the first page

Server is going to shut down, theres new updates... lets cross our fingers

EDIT: Server is up again with some minor updates

most importantly I can turn off updates and i dont appear to become a zombie when falling from tall hights.

Damage off for now

Edit2: Max players is now 12 as well

Edited by Crowbar Man

Amazing work there phill! That looks excellent!

I'll link it in the MC page, and that should definately be added in the first page

Server is going to shut down, theres new updates... lets cross our fingers

EDIT: Server is up again with some minor updates

most importantly I can turn off updates and i dont appear to become a zombie when falling from tall hights.

Damage off for now

YAY!!! Thanks Crowbar!

phill, is there a way to put markers on the map for what all belongs to whom?

We will be deciding that if the next update fixes enough problems with them to make it worthwhile. No use making a decision if they don't work.

But I vote we allow mobs if they do work properly after the update. Just to get my vote out there. Creative building is fine and all, but it's so much more worthwhile and satisfying if you have to do it while dealing with actual danger.

YAY!!! Thanks Crowbar!

phill, is there a way to put markers on the map for what all belongs to whom?

It's on my list of things to figure out, but I have a paper due Thursday that I really should be working on so it likely won't be for a little bit. Anyone wondering, it will be updated shortly after Crowbar posts a new png, it's mostly automated, so it's not all that hard to do.

Likely means more backend work. The minecart problem has nothing to do with speed.

Last night I was doing some cleaning up of my base to prepare for the eventual activation of mobs. This included putting up a warning at the renovated entrance to my main mineshaft:

warningd.th.jpg

I wonder how many of you will actually get it immediately...

Likely means more backend work. The minecart problem has nothing to do with speed.

Last night I was doing some cleaning up of my base to prepare for the eventual activation of mobs. This included putting up a warning at the renovated entrance to my main mineshaft:

warningd.th.jpg

I wonder how many of you will actually get it immediately...

hah, burma shave! awesome!