Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Remind me to saturate my bedrock layer with torches. Because I don't want any creepers in my shit. Ahahaha. Actually... yeah. I don't want creepers AND I HAVE TO PUT WATER IN MY DUNGEON FFS.

not a bad idea. it's theoretically possible to flood an entire building with one water source block - meaning that you could easily flood a castle when you leave, and then un-flood it when you come back.

Define "Working"?

Unless theres some magical version of the server that everything works, there was a terrible problem with invisible enemies caused by teleporting from what little testing we did with it. Even when you could see them, their range was impossible to hurt them without taking damage, and they didn't seem to die. Combine this with terrible lag issues, and its just a mess. Until things work as they should, they will be kept off. Its not fun in the least

I'll test it again with the next update to see if things have improved

We DO perfer not having damage/enemies though. Would be nice for the Creative to be implemented at some point again

Edited by Crowbar Man

Been playing for the past few days. As I trudge along, delving deeper into the earth's crust in search of ever more rare materials, I find myself writing little snippets. A journal, if you will, of what it must be like for this one man in a world full of monsters and cows. It helps to pass the time between crafting and cooking large blocks of materials.

"I have gathered everything. Several of these dark stones, this obsidian, sits clattering in my bags, weighty with promise. The old books told of a shortcut, a dimension far removed from time and space, running on euclidean geometry. Tonight I will burn the oak sitting atop my tower, and then I will build this gate and venture into the unknown--into this 'Nether'..."

2ir9qbd.png

Just don't bring a bunch of valuables with you. Keep it bare minimum.

Oh I've already taken a few trips into the Nether. Not a single valuable thing goes with me, because I'm not THAT dumb.

Unfortunately the portal opens up into a high area that, if I want to actually explore, I gotta fall down pretty far (leaving me limping afterwards). Kind of a pain in the ass.

I did have an excellent accident while trying to make glass tubes with falling lava. Broke the roof and water came pouring down--so I decided to make the water flow to cover as much lava as possible, netting me...well, a lot of obsidian.

16hohn7.png

According to the Facebook page, we're now in Beta, and the website will be updated shortly. So if you haven't bought it by now... You're too late.

The client has already been updated. Changelog:

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)

* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds

* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen

* Fixed /kill

* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before

* You can now throw eggs

* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees

* .. and something else, which is even more rare

Only one known bug so far (that I can see on the forums), which is an issue with existing chests and inventory sometimes not allowing you to move items between the two, most often in the slots added for a double chest. Notch is working on a fix right now.

Edited by HalcyonSpirit

Define "Working"?

Unless theres some magical version of the server that everything works, there was a terrible problem with invisible enemies caused by teleporting from what little testing we did with it. Even when you could see them, their range was impossible to hurt them without taking damage, and they didn't seem to die. Combine this with terrible lag issues, and its just a mess. Until things work as they should, they will be kept off. Its not fun in the least

I'll test it again with the next update to see if things have improved

We DO perfer not having damage/enemies though. Would be nice for the Creative to be implemented at some point again

I set up my own server that's on when I play and I invite people to... Damage is working on it properly. The enemies can be killed... with... weapons... Unarmed, sure, they can pretty much pwn you but that's a given. You guys have duped enough diamonds to make a diamond sword for everyone, no need to let them get killed. :-)

But yes, they will die.. probably a lot. That's the spirit of the game, and it's why you have chests. :-)

The one thing I want to know is how to build an Obsidian portal. Also, is there some kind of mini-map you can add to your own client? That would really come in handy. :-)

Portals are made of obsidian and the interior has to be an empty space 2 wide and 3 tall. You don't need to put corners on the frame but you do need that 2x3 space, any other dimension won't work.

Then you just set one of the bottom blocks on fire and the portal will open.

But that's only if the Nether is working in multiplayer. Which you have no guarantee it is.

I noticed after the update, my character moves a bit faster and the sneak ability does not prevent you from falling off edges anymore (at least, not for me.)

For some reason, I still see alot more monsters when I play on normal, than I do on hard difficulty.

I haven't been exploring the caves since Notch did the update on the cave system layouts, so I didn't know about the deep caverns and shit until I fell down one. As I went in again to retrieve my stuff, I had a shitload of monsters jump down right on my head. That kinda sucks. I'm not feeling it.