Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

experiencing some technical difficulties, trying to get it back up

EDIT:

trying to do a backup almost broke the server... our server is very sick or Minecraft is very broken or both.

Multiplay is going to be looking into why the Dallas servers have not been updated yet on monday, because they too were expecting it to be updated with SA last week or so.

Apparently theres only 2 servers left not on SSDs, LA and Dallas... lucky us!

Hang in there everybody

Also, the server is NOT responding very well while the backup is running, you may not be able to connect, you may not stay on. Sorry :(

Edit2:

Backup finished, now we're back to regularly terrible lag

Edit3:

Made use of that terrible event, new map!

Edited by Crowbar Man

Well, Multiplay has offered to give me a slot on the San Antonio servers since they've been upgraded to SSDs, there is no ETA on the Dallas server, so I am going to shut down the server, do another back up, and then upload the backup to the SA server. Wish me luck

Edit:

For those who keep arguing the game was ready for Beta..

the server software apparently is so entirely broken, it can not be ran alongside other copies of games (see OCR not being able to host it anymore) and especially other copies of minecraft (see terrible, terrible lag issues on non-SSDs on Multiplay)

Its fine i guess if you dedicate an entire machine to it, but its broken otherwise. You have to use Solid State Drives because the I/O portion of the software is so broken. I honestly think it broke their hard drive at this point. These kind of issues really should be looked into before moving onto another stage of the game, they weren't unknown, Multiplay spoke with notch about it who he himself confirmed it was a known issue, but apparently has not fixed. Or made it worse.

Oh well maybe it will be fixed by final (probably not)

Edited by Crowbar Man

Server has been moved to San Antonio now, which is on SSDs. You guys can play around on the temp world:

66.135.42.50:28865

I'm going to edit out Abadoss' long journey out of the map, then upload it.

Until then, stress test the server! See how you guys like it

I've got mobs, health, and pvp enabled. This world is temp until i get the real one up

Edited by Crowbar Man

Server has been moved to San Antonio now, which is on SSDs. You guys can play around on the temp world:

66.135.42.50:28865

I'm going to edit out Abadoss' long journey out of the map, then upload it.

Until then, stress test the server! See how you guys like it

I've got mobs, health, and pvp enabled. This world is temp until i get the real one up

lol "Abadoss' Long Journey" they should make a childrens storybook out of that or something.