Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Try setting the render distance to less than Far (or less than whatever you have it on right now). My client used to do that on Multiplayer after the Beta update, but after I changed the render distance, it's much more stable. I have no problems with maximum render distance on Singleplayer, but when online I have to take it down a notch.

The good news is that they're finally getting some backend work done, such as having logins be over https, a new file structure, new launcher that shows news, release notes, and gives you the option to update or not. In addition, he's got a meeting tomorrow with some community members (including the makers of Bukkit) to discuss how best to implement modding support.

All-in-all, I'd say this is a good day.

The good news is that they're finally getting some backend work done, such as having logins be over https, a new file structure, new launcher that shows news, release notes, and gives you the option to update or not. In addition, he's got a meeting tomorrow with some community members (including the makers of Bukkit) to discuss how best to implement modding support.

All-in-all, I'd say this is a good day.

Sounds promising!

Felt like something was wrong as it would hang on the login screen sometimes.

My guess is a sort of processing-frame-lag compensation. When you implement a basic game loop, you look at how much time has passed since the last processing loop. Based on that, you perform a number of processing cycles to match the passed time.

For example, if your game is running at 60 fps, and 1/60th of a second has passed since the last processing loop, the game will handle one frame's worth of input.

The graphics, on the other hand, must be running in parallel, since they continue updating through the processing cycle, and at a non-accelerated rate; it just shows the state of the system at a certain time.

I dont think many of the long-timers would be interested in a restart.

I have spent a lot of time trimming the map off of parts that were generated but never used, so now they can regenerate if anybody chooses to walk to them again (please dont make giant 1000 mile trips though)

If anybody wants their section of the world completely deleted, it can be arranged.

Like Brushfire's

The old map is now back on the server (minus my edits) , whitelist was thankfully added by MPUK so no more strangers, but i have no way to stop creepers from spawning.

If something very important gets completely destroyed, I have backups and MCEdit to help out

I was pretty careful with my editing, but if i deleted anybodies stuff, let me know

Except Brushfire.

Edit: Also note that since this is vanilla, i have no way to make colored names, reservation lists, or anything. No addons, just plain MC crappy server. I can still give the donators stuff if they need things though

Edited by Crowbar Man