Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

MPUK is offering Bukkit for testing. I think its a good idea to jump ship from the dead hMod to Bukkit, but we thought we'd ask first.

Everybody OK with testing Bukkit?

Also, Zell & Beatdrop have been added to the whitelist.

Please dont be turned off to our server if we have turbulence with Bukkit testing

Hey, good deal. I took a look around for about a minute, but my desktop isn't fast enough to run smoothly. I'll have to check out the area later on my laptop and stake a claim.

I looked at the map a few days ago, and the surface looks really cool. I dig the highway connecting everything.

Edited by Zellfreid
specify computer as desktop

Aba is correct, all mods are server side. I'm not aware of any mods for client AND multiplayer, most are only for single player or like map/graphics mods for clients.

Hope you enjoyed your time on the server Beatdrop!

Also a tip for new guys: feel free to wander to an empty spot and/or undiscovered spot, but please do not walk in a single direction for a very long time, it causes problems for the map renders we do growing super huge and having ugly "arms".

Thanks!

Edited by Crowbar Man

I've finally started using the server again, and I'm remodeling Lemon Resort a bit before I get back to work on the crater. Obviously added beds, but also a cozy lobby and bulletproof glass tunnels above ground. Lemon Resort is like 90% night-traveler-friendly now (I just need to fix the temple roof; I forgot spiders can climb walls).

(warp is Hylian_Lemon if you want to check it out/dig my crater for me)

Who's the douche with the wider crater up north, anyway? ಠ_ಠ

I am currently configuring bukkit, server is whitelisted only for me until i get all permissions set correctly and tested.

Edit: having some internet issues, problems with CraftIRC loading, and have to be somewhere in a bit, will switch back to hmod and full white list again until we get back

Edited by Crowbar Man

Trying to install bukkit again, server will be unavailable for abit

Edit: Supper time, switching back to hMod for a few moments.

So far: Got CraftIRC up and running, this will be so much better than hMod once its up

I just need to find something to protect creepers and set up groups/permissions etc. Will work on it later tonight

Edit: done eating, will finish this up now

Edit: Nether support works, kinda, but issues found:

1) Created a portal at spawn for some reason, destroyed spawns compass. Im fixing it, but im disabling portals/nether for now

2) I imagine that if someone walks 1000 blocks in Nether and makes a portal 8000 feet in the real world, it would become a problem for our map renders

3) portals spawn anywhere in the real world, which means someone could accidnetly spawn one in someone elses buildings.

If these all 3 aren't big issues to everybody and you'd like nehter support let me know

I'm going to disable for now though and fix up everything else

Edit:

Okay bukkit is installed, creepers nerfed, minecart mania is updated, IRC bot working, whitelist updated:

Homes have been reset

Warps have not been redone (will do tom if i can't just copy and paste)

Donators do not have special permissions yet, will work on tomorrow

Have fun

Edited by Crowbar Man