Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

You guys just need people to vouch for you, to let us know you are good people who won't be bad.

Not to kick up any drama about anything that is OCR Official or anything, but where the fuck do you get off kicking someone from the IRC channel when they were asking a perfectly legitimate question about mods for server use.

I take back my apology to you. You are the biggest bitch in the entire world. Someone who uses power to ban when no rules are broken needs to step down as mods as they obviously don't know tact or reason.

And while I am thinking about it, you cant even call yourselves the official OCR Minecraft server acting like that. You aren't trying to exemplar any of OCR's core values, and you sure as hell aren't as professional about anything as they are.

You a just a minecraft server. No ties to the save the forum.

Also, this:

OCR_MineCraft.png

Not funny anymore. Fuck off. I still haven't gotten an apology for being lied to on the forums.

Im just going to drop it for now.

Im going to unban you guys probably soon and install chest protection

Warning stands though. ONE more theft from ANYBODY, banned and it wont temporary.

I dont think its unreasonble for this to be followed.

And no more white list entries for a while.

Donators also keep in mind, new or old, you need items? Ask. No big deal.

Also, if you are gonna be pissy about this and have your stupid bitch mod trash my good name everywhere, give me my donation money back.

Also I am still banned from the official server despite my donator status and you supposedly dropping this. Give me my money back.

Also your vouch system sucks ass. You are aleinating people who may have been on the forums for only a short time. IF you are official OCR, use a black list instead for the trouble makers.

Duh.

Please, for everyone's sake, take up private messages....all of you; as serious as the internetz can be, this has little to do with anyone else at the moment. So, rather than vetting your dislike for each other in the thread, take it else where. Gman, Crowbar, for the love of god, PM, I was happy the drama had left the thread.

I would normally agree with you, but since this really is only gman vs brush, a public discussion about power abuse, what constitutes it, is it actually occurring, etc. won't actually fix anything. Crowbar and Brush have to sort out the ban/donation issue and Gman has to step back and not touch anything relating to Brush. If it happens again, unjustified banning that is, I'll be the first to come in here and call them out.

Actually, no. Keep it public.

This is something that needs to be discussed as a community. Abuse of power is not "simply a private matter."

Eh, you don't know what this is about Author.

I have Brushfire set to ignore, Phil. I'm not interested in complaining about it here. He called me a bitch, he's not welcome on our server and I want nothing to do with him. If he's complaining about donations, donations are donations.

Edited by Meeting_Gman

Well that shows how good of a mod she is.

Ignore the problem and it will go away. Very mature. By doing that you are only punishing everyone else, because now they have to hear me complain while you sit in your ivory tower, ignoring anyone who calls you out.

Also I like how you read my post before ignoring me.

You know I am right and it kills you.

Edited by Brushfire

Not to kick up any drama about anything that is OCR Official or anything, but where the fuck do you get off kicking someone from the IRC channel when they were asking a perfectly legitimate question about mods for server use.

I take back my apology to you. You are the biggest bitch in the entire world. Someone who uses power to ban when no rules are broken needs to step down as mods as they obviously don't know tact or reason.

It is their right as an admin to use the power as they see fit. However:

And while I am thinking about it, you cant even call yourselves the official OCR Minecraft server acting like that. You aren't trying to exemplar any of OCR's core values, and you sure as hell aren't as professional about anything as they are.

You a just a minecraft server. No ties to the save the forum.

Very yes. I've only seen it called the "official OCR minecraft server" a few times, and even in the OP it is only implied as the "OCR minecraft server", but unless this is something that is managed and/or sanctioned by OCR staff, I'm not sure how official it can be.

The OCAD minecraft server is the official OCAD minecraft server because it was created and is managed by the people who made the show. Even OCAD the show itself is billed as the "Official Unofficial" podcast of OCR, because it has tenuous links to OCR that are in no way official. Calling something officially unofficial still means there's not direct approval or sanctioning on OCR's part, but they do pimp us every now and again, and has thus far had no problem being involved in what we do sometimes.

I really don't know what went on in IRC, GMAN, or what question brush asked or why he was kicked. But I do know that this:

OCR_MineCraft.png

This is unacceptable. When BStrader was tempbanned from the OCAD server, I didn't advertise it as a fucking feature of the server. He was eventually allowed back and, while I haven't seen him log in in a while, that issue is now behind us. If you had let Brushfire back in, or planned on letting him back anytime soon, this could be seen as playful ribbing. You've made it clear he is not, and will not ever be, welcome on the so called "OCR minecraft server", therefore this is just rude and immature.

Brushfire, I don't think it is worth wasting any more breath or energy on this matter. Instead:

OCAD%20minecraft.jpg

BRUSHFIRE-APPROVED! It'll be updated later today to latest bukkit. No donations necessary, always open to suggestions for improvements and mods!

Alright, so I've been asked to get involved here, because the server claims to be OCR's Minecraft server.

If this is how you guys are going to operate your Minecraft server, you need to disassociate it from OCR. It can't be OCR's minecraft server if you're going to have vindictive retaliation bans on legit, donating members who are only guilty of things by association. That's not something you can put OCR's name on, sorry. It's also insanely rude to advertise the OCR server as "Brushfire free." Knock that shit off right now.

Similarly, if you have the channel #ocrminecraft, you can't just ban people for asking questions about mods installed on the server. If you're claiming to be an OCR channel, you can't do things like that. :\

Also, specifically to Brushfire: stop calling Gman a bitch. It's immature and uncalled for, and you can knock that shit off right now.

Eh, you don't know what this is about Author.

I have Brushfire set to ignore, Phil. I'm not interested in complaining about it here. He called me a bitch, he's not welcome on our server and I want nothing to do with him. If he's complaining about donations, donations are donations.

See, this is why it needs to be out in the open. This is you being needlessly vindictive. Any hopes of me donating to the server in the future is pretty much dead now.

Why is brushfire banned anyway?

Can some one post a brief explanation as to what had happen since my absence? I've actually not been on much on account of updating the client and figured I would be locked out and pretty much screwed. Been doing stuff on my own random map, trying out building ideas and seeing how they would translate over to the multiplayer server.

Is the server killed and all the effort I've made gone or what?

I'll retread back on the thread but a brief explanation would still be nice.

Edit: Never mind I was worried the whole thing would be something that would go on for ten pages long.

hmm...

Edited by Schwaltzvald

Can some one post a brief explanation as to what had happen since my absence? I've actually not been on much on account of updating the client and figured I would be locked out and pretty much screwed. Been doing stuff on my own random map, trying out building ideas and seeing how they would translate over to the multiplayer server.

Is the server killed and all the effort I've made gone or what?

I'll retread back on the thread but a brief explanation would still be nice.

Edit: Never mind I was worried the whole thing would be something that would go on for ten pages long.

hmm...

I have since looted and pillaged your abode. And I put my feet on your couch.

That unban quote was before the name calling. But ill gladly refund if you are going to continue being a jerk. Like gman, I really want nothing to do with you at this point.

I was given the official ocr server when nobody wanted to host the old one anymore and brushfire was one of those who just trolled this thread instead of helping. Now that level 99, NOT brushfire, was kind enough to set up a sever for ocad, brushfire is for some reason taking responcibility for something that isn't his. Now you have people claiming that our server isn't even official? Well gee thanks. Glad to know my work can be denounced by those who dont even play. Those who actually play on the server are not complaining.

The vouch system was created by the community. If the community no longer wants it it can go away.

As far as the irc brush just sat in there all evening and I never saw a question, mabye it was before or after we had internet or power outage, but he was never banned for asking a question that so dont let him lie to you. He was banned by gman, several hours after I saw him in there not saying anything, because she doesn't like him. That's all. I think it was a half joke anyways but he never even responded or pmd me before having this tantrum in the thread for no reason.

The image is a anti troll/spam and not serious. Lighten up everyone

Thanks for trying to cause more issues and drama Brush.

Edit: I issued a refund since I have no idea when I'll ever be calm enough to unban him after this.

Edited by Crowbar Man

So, she can be childish if others are?

And why did he call her a bitch in the first place?

I mean, throughout this thread, Brushfire has been your whipping boy, you've been dumping on him the whole time. Might seem lighthearted at first, but every joke was at his expense, and frankly, I was wondering what he did to deserve this kind of abuse.

But yeah, he called her a bitch, so she was allowed to act like one.

Not sure I like that mentality in a mod.