Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Wouldn't it make more sense just to use the server jar until the bukkit update is released? Also, what does the server use bukkit for anyways? Like, what would be gone if the server was temporarily on the standard jar?

Open Minecraft. Create a single-player map and play it for awhile. That's what the server would be like without bukkit.

Kyle: You're wrong. To find out what life without bukkit really is like, just connect to one of those public vanilla MC servers out there, filled with trolls and racism, just like momma likes. It's mostly the administration addons that make the difference; you wouldn't want to run bukkit on a single player game because you really have no need to.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCH :argh:

Or /home, or /spawn, or player lists, or ... anything really.

A basic chat console with no features and online play is about all you get with vanilla.

As mentioned, 1.6 has been patched 4 times and its still very very broken. 100% CPU with a single user broken. Until Mojang fixes it, it pretty much makes hosting even Vanilla servers a problem now.

Edit: 1.6.5 released today might of finally fixed it, we shall see

Edit: Also, new map, and Multipaly has this neat banner thing I've added to my sig.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Edit: Also, new map, and Multipaly has this neat banner thing I've added to my sig.

Updated my <<map>> and created a way for people to make their own claims <<here>> To use, right-click, select "add claim", then click around until your area is outline; right-click again and "save claim". At the moment, it does not automagically add the claim, you have to send me whatever the pop-up says along with whatever your MC name is.

For those who may not have noticed, the OCAD server is back up and running with 1.6 support :D

On a related note, my shop will now start selling Netherrack, Glowstone, and Soul Sand since the nether is now reachable.

Its basically a test to see what is supported and how badly the server is going to bog down. Using the latest unsupported bukkit build from a few days ago, but right now essentials seems to be only partially working. Monster spawn choice works, but things like creeper-block-damage do not, so Creepers have been turned off. Ghasts have been enabled now that Nether is working. Nether has been built, not really explored by me.

Once bukkit gets a stable version based on a Minecraft official stable version, I'll start updating the plugins. In the meantime, report errors and I'll let you know if they're fixable in this build.