Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

What's the policy of building new portals? I was thinking of building a nice temple for my portal, traveling far in the Nether and making another portal for fresh, new landscape. I did this in my singleplayer map and it lead me to this spider infested mineshaft under an ocean.

What's the policy of building new portals? I was thinking of building a nice temple for my portal, traveling far in the Nether and making another portal for fresh, new landscape. I did this in my singleplayer map and it lead me to this spider infested mineshaft under an ocean.

I guess it's to make you suffer in some way or another. I dunnno

If you want fresh new landscape, we do have a brand spanking new map you can warp too from spawn. Or one of us magic admins can warp you to the edge of the map.

Portals on the overworld side are fine. No portals from nether. Like Itch said, we have a new map linked at spawn that you can colonize if you want new terrain. Plus, we can also warp you to the edge of the current map where new stuff will generate. That said, you can be warped to the edge, create a portal, find your original portal in nether and create a corridor to and from if you like. Just no building portals in nether. I will ban for that.

Just in case Aba and phill don't know yet...Flatgrass and Skyworld still exist, but they're completely new worlds now. Any warp or home that was set in one of the two will bring you to the middle of nowhere. So. Just pointing it out. I'm assuming we want to funnel people toward a single new world?

Also, if any of you built a rail system or redstone circuitry on top of glowstone, you're going to have to rebuild. Glowstone is a glass type block again, so rails and redstone will pop off, and you can't place them anymore.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Just in case Aba and phill don't know yet...Flatgrass and Skyworld still exist, but they're completely new worlds now. Any warp or home that was set in one of the two will bring you to the middle of nowhere. So. Just pointing it out. I'm assuming we want to funnel people toward a single new world?

I have to fix the skylands map so it's actually a skyland map again...so the current one will be gone when I am able to do that. Flatgrass is the new 1.0 world so not a big issue with people running around there.

Flatgrass is a little weird, Abas portal isn't near the map spawn and map spawn isn't anywhere near 0,64,0. What I did learn is that the area around 0,64,0 is fairly nice.

Hopefully I will be able to get off my ass this week and put together maps and markers on all the maps, minus nether.

Just posting to see if anyone's willing to sponsor for the OCR whitelist. I've tried dropping in on the OCAD server a buncha times, and I've never seen anyone there. :/

Not really doing the sponsor thing any more. Just post your minecraft username (or PM it if you don't want it in the thread) and one of us admins will get you on the whitelist.

Oh, haha. Username's 'Kenogu', then. Thanks! :)

You should be good to go, here is the main world map http://minecraft.angryitch.com/ just right click and 'show claims' to see who owns what. If you want to set up on the new map, type /spawn, go up the stairs just behind you, to the portal room and take the portal marked "brave new world" or something like that. At some point, all the other maps along with any markers/claims, will be added to the google map I created.

Ok ya cheap bastards, it's time to pay up or get out....well maybe not get out, I won't prevent anyone from playing....but yeah, pay up anyways with absolutely no repercussions if you don't....Long story short, Abadoss here just renewed the server for another 6months with an added 500mb of memory and I am sure he would appreciate some donations to offset the costs.

You don't have to be like me, and give him $20 but something is better then nothing and the standard seems to be $5 anyways. Now get your wallets out and stop being freeloading assholes.

Donate Here