Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I really do need to get in there and get a claim set up myself after the awesome tour you gave. I have way too much on my gaming plate already, and that plate is already sucking too much productivity from my actual life, so I'm kind of scared what joining another server might do. :P

I really do need to get in there and get a claim set up myself after the awesome tour you gave. I have way too much on my gaming plate already, and that plate is already sucking too much productivity from my actual life, so I'm kind of scared what joining another server might do. :P

Let Itch/Phill or I know when you want to jump on and stake a claim and either of us will help you out.

Well, I know what I'm going to build on my worlds for long distance transportation from now on.

Well, this is a good idea (For servers), but it needs a mechanism that runs in two tracks, and in a way that GUARANTEES that there is a boat at each end.

I have a prototype that works in regards to triggering the other rail to launch without causing a retrigger on outbound travel, but keeps screwing up. For some reason, one of the two starter pistons wants to fire slightly earlier than the other one, even though the activation signal is identical in regards to delay and whatnot (signal doesn't split until reaching the pistons)

Should probably screenshot

EDIT: Also, I've heard it doesn't work in 1.2 for some reason

Edited by Anorax

As is often the case, the OCR MC server will wait till a Recommended build of Bukkit is released. If you want to play with the new stuff and on the server I suggest backing up your bin folder prior to updating. If the server is your life, don't update till the server is updated.

As is often the case, the OCR MC server will wait till a Recommended build of Bukkit is released. If you want to play with the new stuff and on the server I suggest backing up your bin folder prior to updating. If the server is your life, don't update till the server is updated.

If you forget, I've got a copy of the 1.1 bin on my website:

http://www.abadoss.net/MineCraft/MineCraft_1.1_-_bin_folder.zip

{edit} - Oh, shit! Somehow the server settings got reset. Fire is now spreading and creepers explode. Damnit. I'll be fixing that now. I recommend waiting until I have it fixed to hop on.

{edit 2} - It looks like it's Itch's fault. I hopefully fixed it, but we might need to load a backup to repair the damage.

{edit 3} - Okay. Not actually Itch's fault. We don't need to load the backup. Everything is now safe. Stuff got broke, though. Lemon, you'll probably want to take a look at the basement of the Library of History.

Edited by Abadoss

If you forget, I've got a copy of the 1.1 bin on my website:

http://www.abadoss.net/MineCraft/MineCraft_1.1_-_bin_folder.zip

{edit} - Oh, shit! Somehow the server settings got reset. Fire is now spreading and creepers explode. Damnit. I'll be fixing that now. I recommend waiting until I have it fixed to hop on.

{edit 2} - It looks like it's Itch's fault. I hopefully fixed it, but we might need to load a backup to repair the damage.

So, it wasn't my fault, it was Clanforge installing the incorrect version of some plugins. All fixed...the plugin problem, check your stuff to make sure there isn't to much damage.

This^ is why you need to wait to update

Its fine. David can ban the people who are doing the sacking, and we made a backup copy of the server before we updated to 1.2. Worst-case is we either revert back to what it was before Saturday, or temporarily reinstate the old version for people to get stuff back, then switch back to the new version with bans in-place.

Or we could go temporary whitelisting UNTIL bukkit is updated. I leave that up to you folks/Brushfire to decide how its done.

Also wanted to put out there that I'm considering running servers for other games on the minecraft box, resources depending. The current box does suck up a bit more juice to leave up 24 hours a day. We might start taking some small donations just to offset the cost of electricity. (A 500-watt computer running 24 hours a day costs $33.60 maximum a month)

do you mean like "Enter 1 for MinecraftWithMods.jar, Enter 2 for MinecraftWithoutMods.jar" or something

if so then something like this maybe?

@ECHO OFF
:BEGIN
CLS
CHOICE /N /C:12 /M "Press 1 for Vanilla Minecraft. Press 2 for mods."%1
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END
:TWO
ECHO Loading Minecraft with mods...
%APPDATA%\.MINECRAFT\BIN\MINECRAFTWITHMODS.JAR
GOTO END