Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Well, I just logged on to OCAD to find that my entire town has been griefed. The whole town is in ruins, and all items/chests are gone.

I'm going to start an autobackup system, and recommend to Dave and the maintainers to have BigBrother installed again if that's possible. Either that or we're going whitelist only, I'm getting fairly annoyed at the amount of griefing that's happened on the OCAD server as of late.

Edit: scratch that, starting very shortly we ARE going whitelist only.

Just an update on the buildings at spawn:

I've compiled a tenative list of buildings I'd like to see built at spawn:

Courthouse/City Hall/Government Offices of some sort (Halcyon is working on this)

Aquaduct

Granary

Martkeplace/Auction house

Dock/Harbor

University (I've commissioned Nario to do this one)

Armory

Forge (I think the brick building on the south side will do nicely for this)

Warehouse

Observatory (NeoForte is working on this)

Workshop (Honestly, any of the existing buildings could easily be made a workshop)

Already built:

Hospital

Lighthouse

Marketplace (1 of ?)

Opera House

Bank

Inn

Restaurant (1 of ?)

Watchhouse/Jail

Monument (Big Eagle)

Cistern

Stables

Barracks

I've also established an OCR Embassy on Danny's server. :P

Not to mean to sound impatient, but is the Nether or Brave New World going to be back online anytime soon? I'd really like to find some lapis lazuli and nether bricks soon.

Going to look into Multiverse this weekend, see if it's improved at all. Until then we, I'm sure we can come to an agreement about giving some of the blocks out.

I'm going to start an autobackup system, and recommend to Dave and the maintainers to have BigBrother installed again if that's possible. Either that or we're going whitelist only, I'm getting fairly annoyed at the amount of griefing that's happened on the OCAD server as of late.

Sounds like a good plan, Technoman helped me rebuild this time, but if this happens again it'd be good to have backups ready to go.

Sounds like a good plan, Technoman helped me rebuild this time, but if this happens again it'd be good to have backups ready to go.

When OCAD goes whitelist, is it still going to be vanilla gameplay or will we be able to opt out of vanilla and possibly have a seperate section or map just for non-vanilla or something?

I dunno, I think I'm one of the few who don't really care for pure vanilla gameplay

When OCAD goes whitelist, is it still going to be vanilla gameplay or will we be able to opt out of vanilla and possibly have a seperate section or map just for non-vanilla or something?

I dunno, I think I'm one of the few who don't really care for pure vanilla gameplay

I'm sure I can free up a second port on my router for non-vanilla, however I may only be able to have a single dynamap running at one time. David should have started working on the whitelist already, I'll get in touch with him today.

I'm sure I can free up a second port on my router for non-vanilla, however I may only be able to have a single dynamap running at one time. David should have started working on the whitelist already, I'll get in touch with him today.

Is there something that could be done with the /permissions plugin or something?

And as for a seperate port, if the permissions thing could work out to distinguish between vanilla and non-vanilla, couldn't you also have the server run two worlds for each?

- - - - -

I dunno, to be honest I've never delved deep into servers and how they work and what plugins can and can't do what.

A second server isn't needed, different worlds on the same server would work just as well.

That looks great, Hylian Lemon. It reminds me of Lanayru Desert from Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Abadoss, is the University completed to your desire?

--------

Also, Abadoss and I were talking about what my next assignment should be, but I thought I'd open up some discussion about it on here:

If I were to make another video game in Minecraft, which would you like to see done?

-The Secret of Monkey Island

-Metroid

-Mega Man 2

-Zelda 1

All of them sound great to me!

Going to look into Multiverse this weekend, see if it's improved at all. Until then we, I'm sure we can come to an agreement about giving some of the blocks out.

While I do appreciate some extra help, I like collecting the stuff by myself. This is why I tend to shun the creative mode.

However, I do realize that some items are very difficult to come by. I could use some (~50pieces) of smile balls. There are no proper dungeons in my area so the slimes are very difficult to find. I also would like to have about 100 blue dye, if that's not too much to ask. There's no hurry with these items for I have much to build and I am a patient man.

While I do appreciate some extra help, I like collecting the stuff by myself. This is why I tend to shun the creative mode.

However, I do realize that some items are very difficult to come by. I could use some (~50pieces) of smile balls. There are no proper dungeons in my area so the slimes are very difficult to find. I also would like to have about 100 blue dye, if that's not too much to ask. There's no hurry with these items for I have much to build and I am a patient man.

There is a new map up for the new biome code. AncientGates doesn't work currently, so you just have to warp there using /warp BraveNewWorld. I also made sure to copy your stuff from the old new world...

Well, two things have been revealed. One was a tripwire, with string now being placeable on the ground (both decorative and for the tripwire itself). The other was an emerald ore, which could be used for trading with villagers. However, the ore itself seems to have been removed due to complaints (wut), so now you can only get emerald through trade. I think there's a new emerald decorative block, too, like the lapis block.