Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

There's still much work to be done, inside and out, but the draft version of the government building is complete.

Finally.

Go check out the inside if you want, but just remember that it isn't finished. The 2nd floor and main chamber aren't furnished and some of the ceilings and floors aren't the right materials, but the general layout is complete (barring any sudden inspiration).

I would like to get a claim set up sometime soon, for the time being, I just got a little shack set up just outside spawntown. Is there anytime within the next couple days when I could talk to Abbados or Itch to get a claim set up?

It looks like it's just a matter of lining up when we're online. There's plenty of times when we're in the IRC room, but not logged into the game. It's #ocrminecraft on irc.esper.net. Either that, or we can set up an appointment somehow.

It looks like it's just a matter of lining up when we're online. There's plenty of times when we're in the IRC room, but not logged into the game. It's #ocrminecraft on irc.esper.net. Either that, or we can set up an appointment somehow.

I'll be home from work in approx. an hour if your available

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, 1.4.2 is out and there's a metric shit ton of new stuff added. Anvils, beacons, item frames, flower pots, carrots, potatoes, pumpkin pies, cobblestone walls, wooden buttons (that are activated by arrows), bats, witches, withers, etc. See the full list here. A lot of stuff I'm really excited for. :D

Naturally, that means that we have to wait for Bukkit to update as well as all the major plugins. I'll start the plugin status as soon as Bukkit's updated. The MineCraft API is not yet available. I guess that's being put off for 1.5. Anyway, since we can't yet update the server, I've created a backup of the 1.3.2 bin folder for anyone that still wants to play until we update. Here's the link:

http://www.abadoss.net/MineCraft/MineCraft_1.3.2_-_bin_folder.zip

Edited by Abadoss

• 1 month later...

So... 35 days until server renewal time. That means it's fundraising time! Yay!

Last time, the invoice was £81.60 ($127.05). We raised quite a bit and I only had to pay about half of that. That definitely helped. I expect it will probably be about the same this time around depending on currency conversion. I guess it's still a little too early to get the invoice details.

Like before, there are two ways to help out. You can donate directly to the server through the ClanPay function (click the banner in my sig). It does require that you donate a minimum of £5 and I believe you need to have a multiplay account (the account itself is free). Until we have an invoice, you'd be contributing to the credit on the account.

The second option is to donate through PayPal, though they will deduct a percentage as a fee from whatever you donate.

Here are the links seperated out:

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=N8MTT67WSETHS

ClanPay: https://secure.multiplay.co.uk/clanpay/contribute?clanid=T1RGbVkySTNPR009Yjc4YzQ=

What's up with the server not being updated yet, anyway? It's been a while since 1.4.2 came out, and there has been updates to 1.4.5 since then.

Also, for those of you not following Minecraft news, two things: First, the modding API is planned to come out for 1.5, which is planned to be released in the next couple months. They've said this about previous updates, but it seems like they've been determined to get it out this time.

Second, the Feed The Beast modpack came out, which included a LOT of stuff. Especially from the Tekkit mod. I've been playing it on SSP and I absolutely love it. Such an upgrade from vanilla. ExtraBiomesXL is included as well, and when combined with the Large Biomes option in world generation... well, I spent the better part of two hours hunting down a biome that contained the rubber trees I needed to start producing machinery. Totally worth it, though.

It's SMP compatible, too, so if we ever have a server reboot, I'd love to see it use FTB as a base mod.

What's up with the server not being updated yet, anyway? It's been a while since 1.4.2 came out, and there has been updates to 1.4.5 since then.

The main issue is that Mojang keeps releasing new versions. Each time a new version (all of which have been super hefty with changes) comes out, Bukkit has to restart their update process. I've been really annoyed by it.

Been working a bit on the Business District in Spawntown. Here's a few screenshots:

2012-11-30_10.15.37sm.png

2012-11-30_10.15.40sm.png

2012-11-30_10.15.47sm.png

2012-11-30_10.16.18sm.png

2012-11-30_10.17.38sm.png

2012-11-30_10.17.50sm.png

The middle building is still under construction inside, but the outer buildings are pretty much done. They need to be "moved into" and probably need bathrooms added too, but otherwise are complete.

damn

now if only the planes could actually move. that'd be fucking awesome.

Re: Those Planes?

You get *massive* points for making them F-4 Phantom IIs. That is shamelessly my favorite aircraft. Mad props, yo.

And the rest of it is obviously awesome as well.

I can't actually take credit for those. Those were done by Jimmy.

Could I get my future brother-in-law whitelisted please?

His username is: Gladdius

Thanks!

Sure. Does that mean we'll be seeing more of you on the server? :P

(edit) - Okay. He's been added.

Edited by Abadoss

• 3 weeks later...

Okay.

Here's the mods I really care about (these check out, we upgrade):

WorldGuard (appears to be updated)

WorldEdit (appears to be updated)

PermissionsEX (hard to tell, might be updated)

Multiverse (hard to tell, might be updated)

Here's the mods I would like to see up-to-date:

Essentials (appears to be updated)

CraftIRC (hard to tell, might be updated)

VoxelSniper (hard to tell, might be updated)

Here's the mods I'm not too concerned about:

BioMan (probably not updated, but is a beast and will probably work anyway)

EnderCrystalizer (no idea)