Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Hey, so, I was wondering if I could be whitelisted. MelbuFrahma6. I promise I won't blow anyone's stuff up. :-)
I'd like to hop on the OCR server sometime. Username is GravSuit.
May I join? My username is knightandpaek. Not peak, paek.

Wow! Three in a row! Okay, you're all added. We'll talk claims when you log on. Make sure to type /rules first thing you do when you log on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has any thought ever been put into adding in something like Tekkit, Voltz or Feed the Beast? Or running a smaller server with them?

I imagine a competitive Voltz server could be quite entertaining and the others bring so much to the game that it's sometimes hard to go back to playing vanilla these days.

Has any thought ever been put into adding in something like Tekkit, Voltz or Feed the Beast? Or running a smaller server with them?

I imagine a competitive Voltz server could be quite entertaining and the others bring so much to the game that it's sometimes hard to go back to playing vanilla these days.

The server's using Bukkit with some plugins to nerf some of the more annoying elements and to make creative builds a lot more interesting. I've been trying to avoid adding anything that would change the nature of the game itself. Plus, it's better to limit the number of plugins in general for the sake of stability.

The server's using Bukkit with some plugins to nerf some of the more annoying elements and to make creative builds a lot more interesting. I've been trying to avoid adding anything that would change the nature of the game itself. Plus, it's better to limit the number of plugins in general for the sake of stability.

is there any way to add a minimap plugin? i might just do that on my own. my new roommate apparently has it, and it makes navigating servers waaaaaaaay more easy, especially when you still need to connect your claim to the grand OCR railway.

is there any way to add a minimap plugin? i might just do that on my own. my new roommate apparently has it, and it makes navigating servers waaaaaaaay more easy, especially when you still need to connect your claim to the grand OCR railway.

There's not one I can add to the server. However, there is a client side plugin that I highly recommend calls Rei's minimap. I use it myself. Here's the link:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-152-may03-reis-minimap-v33-05/page__p__6349298

You'll need the ModLoader. Here's that link:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/75440-v152-risugamis-mods-updated/

I can understand that. But just as a side note, most of those mod packs are built and maintained to be pretty stable without any internal conflicts or issues. They're also pretty good for creative building since they add in so many new materials, biomes, and aesthetic things, while also allow the creation of decorations like half and quarter blocks or panels and covers.

Sure they do change the nature of the game a bit, but it's still pretty much the same at the core, just with far more new features.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably because of issues regarding the updates to the mods that the server needs. No point in updating if it breaks all your essential mods for running the server. (That said, perhaps it's time to consider switching to a new modset? I haven't been on the server lately and haven't been watching the modding scene very much because of my severe lack of time, but from what I have seen, there are newer mod foundations that keep to a more regular update schedule. Bukkit, from what I understand, has been lagging behind a lot lately. Any thoughts on that, Abadoss?)

Game is on 1.5.2, why can't the server be on that revision?

Cause Bukkit is slow as glass melting... and yes. That is a thing. Glass is actually a very slow moving liquid.

Probably because of issues regarding the updates to the mods that the server needs. No point in updating if it breaks all your essential mods for running the server. (That said, perhaps it's time to consider switching to a new modset? I haven't been on the server lately and haven't been watching the modding scene very much because of my severe lack of time, but from what I have seen, there are newer mod foundations that keep to a more regular update schedule. Bukkit, from what I understand, has been lagging behind a lot lately. Any thoughts on that, Abadoss?)

A lot of the lag is caused by the most active members of Bukkit being hired by Mojang. That said, I am aware of other mod bases, but I'm reluctant to go over to them simply because Bukkit is so stable and I don't want to learn all the ins and outs of a new mod base which will be obsolete anyway once Plugin API is released.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, shi! We haves 1.5.2?! I'm updating the server, so hopefully all the plugins won't crash.

One other point of note: The server is 16 dates away from renewal. We don't have the invoice yet, but I intend to cover whatever isn't raised in donations. If you would consider donating, it would be very helpful (especially to my budget). Thank you.

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=N8MTT67WSETHS

ClanPay: https://secure.multiplay.co.uk/clanpay/contribute?clanid=T1RGbVkySTNPR009Yjc4YzQ=