Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Penis jokes aside, what is it with the OCAD server?

And here I am wondering how a giant hole might play perfectly into a giant penis joke.

On an unrelated not, I am impressed at how minecraft has matured since the early days; all the programmers that have been brought on to work on it have done a wonderful job moving it forward.

Also, I foresee a month long wait for bukkit when the next update comes out so everyone should be prepared for that.

Also, I foresee a month long wait for bukkit when the next update comes out so everyone should be prepared for that.

Seriously. With all the base changes made to the game (height limit changes, block ID expansion, map file format, AI routines, etc) along with all the other changes, I wouldn't expect anything less than a month-long wait for Bukkit. Bukkit is great and all, but the team isn't exactly speedy with these things in the best of circumstances. Having so much to change is going to make the update wait a long one.

So, what you're saying is I should transfer all my notch hate from the early days to the bukkit team? cause I can do that, it's really easy.

Go right ahead. The hate has to go somewhere, and with Notch no longer actively working on Minecraft...

But seriously, I've also heard (and I can't substantiate this) that the Bukkit code is a horrible mishmash of code. Much like the early days of Minecraft. So the hate transfer would probably be an easy one.

And here I am wondering how a giant hole might play perfectly into a giant penis joke.

It's underground. Not that many guys want to put their penis in a "hole" that has been in the dirt for a while...

*COUGH* Necrophiliacs*COUGH*

Edited by Anorax
UGH SO MUCH DERP

I bugged Stevo about the griefer thing weeks ago. Pretty sure I was talking with said griefer(s) after they messed things up since they kept asking who owned the server, and one of them left a sign at spawn saying "THIS SERVER IS AWESOME!" They also knew exactly what my place was even before I described it.

Anyway, I haven't bothered building there since then. No point since they have access to continue destroying.

Well, I know what I'm going to build on my worlds for long distance transportation from now on.

I just hope the OCAD server can handle this

This makes railrays waay outdated

EDiT: I need to find out if you can use this method and have turns as well...

Edited by Anorax

OCAD Griefers actually did something worthwhile?

Bitches be doin my dirtywork!

2012-02-20_18.23.29.png

The cobble on the left and the stone on the right was once open area. No longer. Now I have walls that I never bothered to build yet!

Me=1 Griefers=0, though they think it's 0 to 1

EDIT: LOL @ Thread title

Edited by Anorax

Well crap.

It seems that all of my diamonds, gold and iron is gone. I still play at Abadoss's Officially Branded Official OCR Server with a nick of ZurpZurp. I'm pretty sure that my stuff was where it should have been few weeks ago when I moved everything essential from the Brave New World to my old place. Not it's gone.

Jeb said that they're considering doing the same with half-steps, but that doing so would be considerably harder to code - the reversed stairs is the same block but flipped when placed under another block from below. Can't exactly employ the same method for the half-steps, given their behavior.

Also, with zombies now attacking NPC villages, the villages are getting defenders. Really strong ones.

http://i.imgur.com/5hN1u.png

http://i.imgur.com/rK4yF.png

Behold the Iron Golem. They apparently take 15 diamond sword hits to kill. Right now they don't seem to care if you attack the villagers, they just attack most enemy mobs (not creepers, slimes, magma cubes and ghasts). They attack by throwing mobs up into the air (kills them in two hits). They drop iron ingots and roses when killed, and will sometimes pick up roses (modeled after the guardian in Laputa: Castle in the Sky - for reference: http://i.imgur.com/TyxPn.jpg). Swimming is a no-go for them, and when they're killed, if the village has enough villagers in it they'll respawn shortly after. Finally, they're craftable.

Edited by HalcyonSpirit

Well crap.

It seems that all of my diamonds, gold and iron is gone. I still play at Abadoss's Officially Branded Official OCR Server with a nick of ZurpZurp. I'm pretty sure that my stuff was where it should have been few weeks ago when I moved everything essential from the Brave New World to my old place. Not it's gone.

Do you remember how much of each you had? I'll spend some time seeing where things went.

(edit) - Mystery solved.

Edited by Abadoss

Jeb said that they're considering doing the same with half-steps, but that doing so would be considerably harder to code - the reversed stairs is the same block but flipped when placed under another block from below. Can't exactly employ the same method for the half-steps, given their behavior.

Also, with zombies now attacking NPC villages, the villages are getting defenders. Really strong ones.

http://i.imgur.com/5hN1u.png

http://i.imgur.com/rK4yF.png

Behold the Iron Golem. They apparently take 15 diamond sword hits to kill. Right now they don't seem to care if you attack the villagers, they just attack most enemy mobs (not creepers, slimes, magma cubes and ghasts). They attack by throwing mobs up into the air (kills them in two hits). They drop iron ingots and roses when killed, and will sometimes pick up roses (modeled after the guardian in Laputa: Castle in the Sky - for reference: http://i.imgur.com/TyxPn.jpg). Swimming is a no-go for them, and when they're killed, if the village has enough villagers in it they'll respawn shortly after. Finally, they're craftable.

Aw, hell...