Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I should point out that the minecraft server is now officially outstripping the server. I have a backup plan, but if possible alternative hosting would be ideal.

In the worst case the server might go down for a bit while I sort out that backup plan. It depends on how things go from here.

I should point out that the minecraft server is now officially outstripping the server. I have a backup plan, but if possible alternative hosting would be ideal.

In the worst case the server might go down for a bit while I sort out that backup plan. It depends on how things go from here.

Stinks, I would have offered to help host it on my webserver, but when I asked you said something about fairy dust and farts, and I'm pretty sure godaddy doesn't support that protocol - at least not as far as I'm aware of.

makes me feel pretty guilty that I'm unable to put as much work into my own project as people that have been lending me a hand with it, I gots no tiems :(

At least half is cleared by now, I'm working my way back from the ladder at the top. But it's getting a bit boring so I'm taking a break to do some creative stuff. Maybe someone else will fill in for me in the meantime. I get the feeling that we can get it all done really quickly if we all chipped in for a day.

We brought this up in-game, but figured I should open it to a wider audience

Once the halloween update hits, I'm considering rerolling the world. There are a few growing reasons for this

1) TNT has fucked up a lot of shit

2) Biomes will not affect existing chunks, only new ones generated after the update (Basically, only places nobody has ever explored before)

3) A lot of our mass transit options will become obsolete (at least in their current forms) with Hell

4) The place looks pretty damn ugly in some spots now, due to attempted repairs and unused constructions

However I open this up to you all, since all of us would lose our existing work.

The new world would be whitelisted from the start, to prevent greifers from TNTing everything.

As for the current world's whitelist, we have a decent number of people from mega64 who aren't asshats, we need to compile a list of everyone who plays right now, and a solution for adding new people.

A lot of new things are coming out that could very well make most of my layouts obsolete.

I wouldn't mind the reroll too much but I can sympathize with those that had worked on that creeper temple. I wouldn't mind helping at all in it's reconstruction if it comes down to it.

It's bigger than Slash's Hyrule Castle. :lol:

May make it more interesting since the updates could have the difficulty being set to normal or hard actually possible.

It's bigger than Slash's Hyrule Castle. :lol:

if push comes to shove, you will clear it up for us in the new server...if the votes go that way that is.

also you'll give us the minerals we need to finish the creeper temple since it's not just the work done clearing it's the work done to store the cobblestone and in my case the diamond/gold/iron as well. :B

but only if this democracy votes in favor of a reroll, so far the damage isn't beyond the point that we can fix if we want so I don't really see the point in doing something that drastic.

i think a reroll is in order.

once slash has cleared the room for the creeper temple, no more hacks - no diamond-encrusted buildings, no tnt duping, no anything. we just play the game the way it's meant to be played. it really makes the game kind of stupid if you just dupe the shit out of everything and don't mine anything. i know it made it kind of dumb for me, at least.

edit: i haven't been back to spawn in a few days. did someone nuke my house again? =\

Use lots of furnaces and go away and do something else. I use twelve at a time since the size of the inventory allows for two nice piles of twelve smelting material on the left and twelve fuel on the right. The tedium goes away pretty quick if you do it like this.

Also stacks of either 64 or 8 coal. Using lava for fuel is awful and I hate it.

Edited by Gollgagh