(Unfinished) Stickerbrush Symphony remix - First time posting

Speeeven

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum/remixing. I'm not very good yet, but I decided my first remix will be one of my favorite songs from DKC2, Stickerbrush Symphony. The song is only in its beginning stages, but I'm wondering if people like the direction it's going. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Click here to listen to Stickerbrush Symphony2.mp3

Very melancholic, I like it!

That pad at the beginning could sound smoother during the transitions from one note to another, but that could be me.

Then there comes what gives the nicely sad vibe, the synth, but it sounds quite too much! You might want to EQ and turn down those mid-frequencies if you keep using that phaser.

Drums sound a bit quiet (except cymbals). You could put at least one cymbal to the left, so there's less right-panned things. Snare could have some more presence. The kick could have its lower frequencies turned up to sound more punchy, and it's oddly panned to the right ;P put it back to the center!

Nice guitar to fill the space! It just sounds quite distorted and loud at times, but nothing that 'ooohhh!' to the arrangement overall...

Still on the 'overall' subject, I feel somewhat a lack of low-ending (bleeeh, just after I learn what that term means I begin to use it like that!). Maybe after you adjust the kick thing (it applies to bass too), it'll be okay.

Yea, keep it up! ^_^

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Next time I work on the song I'll fix those things. I openly admit that my weakest area at the moment is actual production/engineering. My tools were pretty limited until recently when I purchased Komplete 7. Now I'm like a kid in a candy store with all my options, but I'll have to really dedicate some more time to learning all the technical things. Again, thanks!

I can hear the kid in a candy store thing. :P Good sounds chosen tho, they fit together, could be tweaked a bit to fit even better.

Bring up the drums a bit, add some arpeggios or some rhythm thing to it to fill it out more. Careful with the amount of distortion you use on the guitars, sounds too much like a heavily distorted sample atm. Careful with the reverb too, a <15% delay can fill out the sound more smoothly than shrill reverbs, and finding the balance between delay and reverb is even better.

It's a good start, just needs more... more. :P