Submission info on direct posts

K.B.

...would be nice to see.

Could link "evaluated" (as is done with paneled mixes) to a thread with two posts: one with the submission info and another with a YES.

I enjoy reading artist comments regarding remix construction. With dps, we frequently get very little, if any, info from the artist.

For your consideration.

There are no threads for direct posts. I'm not even 100% sure what the DP process is. From what I picked up in jchat they get nominated by whoever's working the inbox and then larry/dave decide to DP or send it to the queue.

Also Dave posts as much info as he thinks is relevant from the submissions (which frequently have nothing mind you). The latest dp (halc/chth) had loads of their comments. You get what we're given. The only difference is when they do write nothing in their sub you don't get judge comments in their place.

That's true. It slipped my mind that djp usually includes something from the artist.

Still, from reviewing other paneled mixes, djp usually doesn't post everything. He posts whatever he thinks is relevant for the writeup, which makes perfect sense.

I'm aware that we get what we're given. I am not complaining; I am simply requesting that consideration be given to allowing space for the entirety of artist comments. And while threads do not currently exist, they could easily be c+p created.

Since the time I took over tagging the mixes, which I THINK was around #1800 or so, the full submission comments have been included in the comments tag of the MP3, which you've obviously never looked at. Ever. :lol:

When we eventually re-release the mixes with better tags, everything I could find submissions comments for are included in the comments field, so at least a few older tracks will have that information.

Ohsnap.

Thanks for the scoop. Having the info in the tags is probably just as convenient, if not more so, than having it online. I'll have to get used to it (and get a better tag reader), but this is obviously a fine solution. And dang man, thanks for being so thorough to include something like this.

A constructive resolution and another reason to look forward to the repackaged torrent. Excellent.

• 3 weeks later...