Duke Nukem Forever - ALWAYS bet on Duke! - ITS OUT, and most people seem to hate it?!

Level 99

Snooped around and saw a few sparse DNF threads, but none actually about the game itself. So here we go, a thread about the upcoming Duke Nukem Forever, currently being finished by Gearbox.

Obligatory wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

-------------------------------

Kicking this off with what I just read about: http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/duke-nukem-forever/news/early-access-to-duke-nukem-forever-for-all-pc-borderlands-owners-certainly-looks-like-it/a-20101013121813570008/g-20060612161922470018

It seems that any people who purchase the Borderlands GOTY edition get a voucher for early access to the Duke Nukem Forever demo, whenever it is done. Some people who already own Borderlands have snooped in their Steam accounts and found an early access code sitting there as well. I am excited to check my Steam account to see if I have one myself!

------------------------------

Edit: WE HAVE RELEASE DATE! http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/21/exclusive-duke-nukem-forever-has-a-release-date.aspx

May 3rd for NA, May 6th for rest of the world. A fitting reveal considering how many of us just hung out with the voice of "The Duke" at MAGFest 9. This year really is off to a supremely kickass start.

I keep asking about the game at EB Games but they keep pushing the release date... In 2001 i had this demo disc and showed a Trailer about it, was really looking forward to it as an ex-Duke fan until it crushed my heart by never coming out. I'm still asking for it so i can finish my Duke Collection but until then its dead to me >_>

I enjoyed Borderlands enough to have faith that the game will be decent. I preordered B-lands before it came out though, I feel like I should have a free pass lol. (Though I only own 2 of the DLC so far)

Do you have it for Steam or for 360? If you have it for Steam, go to Borderlands, right-click and pick "view game CD key". I just checked mine and, sure enough, I have the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club key! WOOHOO!

I keep asking about the game at EB Games but they keep pushing the release date... In 2001 i had this demo disc and showed a Trailer about it, was really looking forward to it as an ex-Duke fan until it crushed my heart by never coming out. I'm still asking for it so i can finish my Duke Collection but until then its dead to me >_>

We've all been burned before. I trust Gearbox now. Kept in 3D Realms' hands, it probably would never have come out even if the money didn't run dry. They just kept chasing perfection while the world around them continued to move on. Right now, it looks like early 2011 for release. Don't ever really trust EB Games for release dates.

• 3 months later...
Will "The Duke" come and drink all our liquor?

He aims to crash as many room parties as he can. So...yes.

...ah...

I may have once told a fan making a request that 'I'll make a Duke Nukem remix when Duke Nukem Forever comes out'...

That's totally not a binding verbal contract right?

Start learning the soundtrack, dude. You bet AGAINST the Duke.

So...beta invite?

I don't think it's the beta access that will be given. Like, amongst the first people to get the demo, I think, was what was given away on Steam/with the Borderlands GOTY edition. I recall them saying somewhere that as a release date gets finalized, that's when they'd be focusing on pumping out a demo. Here's hoping it is some time in February. I'll be watching my Steam like a hawk until then.

Gotta say, the trailer was impressive, considering that it was made up of some very self-referential humor. I'm glad the current handlers understand what Duke is thought of as these days, and from what I can see, they're going to hit the mark with keeping him "cool" for the 10's. (The 10's does not have the same ring as the 90's does. I'll never get used to it, saying the 10's makes me feel like I should be driving around a Ford Model T on a dirt road in Sepia-tone-world)

Gotta say, the trailer was impressive, considering that it was made up of some very self-referential humor. I'm glad the current handlers understand what Duke is thought of as these days, and from what I can see, they're going to hit the mark with keeping him "cool" for the 10's. (The 10's does not have the same ring as the 90's does. I'll never get used to it, saying the 10's makes me feel like I should be driving around a Ford Model T on a dirt road in Sepia-tone-world)

Just so you know, Black and White was all the rage in the '10s.

Looks like we can't make fun of DNF anymore. (Still, until it actually releases, we can't say for sure, can we?) :wink:

(The 10's does not have the same ring as the 90's does. I'll never get used to it, saying the 10's makes me feel like I should be driving around a Ford Model T on a dirt road in Sepia-tone-world)

I lol'd...for reelz.

Looks like we can't make fun of DNF anymore. (Still, until it actually releases, we can't say for sure, can we?) :wink:

You kidding? If/when it comes out it'll still be known as the game that took 14 years to develop. Good game or not, that's still going to be a stigma that it'll bear until the end of time.

And that's assuming it even comes out.

• 4 weeks later...