Dota 2

DarkeSword

Shop could use some improvements and could definitely be a bit more like LoL (+hotkeys), but overall it didn't bother me that much.

Hearing Tinker say "We have established the melting point of Crystal Maiden" in a Dr. Kleiner voice after lasering her cracked me up.

Just FYI, you can rebind the item slot hotkeys easily enough -- I'm using Z,X,C,F,G,V atm and it's just fine.

Just FYI, you can rebind the item slot hotkeys easily enough -- I'm using Z,X,C,F,G,V atm and it's just fine.

Yeah I was referring to the shop interface exclusively, the only drawback that LoLs shop has for me is that there are no hotkeys to quickly buy stuff. I already bound all my inventory hotkeys to the HoN standards.

One thing that might seem minor but which is infinitely hilarious to me about this game is that your nick is bound to your steam friendslist, so you can change it as many times as you want.

I played games as [s2]Maliken and [HCT]breakycpk earlier and the enemy Nightstalker called me out on not being the real breaky because "you don't have phil the thrill hanging from your ballsack"

It's really too bad that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of leaver protection yet.

Edited by Tensei

so after playing this game entirely too long today i can safely say it is what people have been waiting for

it feels great, looks pretty sexy, and once you get a handle on it the interface is great. the shop could still use some work (i had to spend over a minute in the shop trying to find a pair of boots i saw while watching a game) but even that after awhile will just be secondhand knowledge.

i'm actually surprised i like this as much as i do being big into lol and all but you really get into a groove while you're playing

11/1/12 with brood mother. its like playing eve but being invisible everywhere all the time, always getting the slow from the decloak, and having spider minions!

Edited by The Derrit

Ah, my bad, wasn't sure if you were joking. :P

So after having had some more hands-on experience with this game, I have to say it's still a lot of fun. A big factor for me is how many ways there are to sustain yourself out in the field; urn of shadows is fast becoming one of my favorite items, and I find myself very rarely going back to base to heal up because of items like that. It just feels like there's very little downtime as you're constantly busy farming, ganking and pushing.

The amount of polish is still super-impressive, especially considering it's still in beta, and the game just oozes character with all the voice-acting and hero designs. This is also probably the first game of its type where I had absolutely no trouble adapting to the graphics; most of the spell effects and the like seem to hit the sweet spot where they're still impressive looking, without completely obscuring teamfights. It's neither a massive washed out bloomfest like HoN, nor the functional but barebones design of LoL.

Most of the hero designs are also just plain fun. Heroes like Weaver, Tinker, Doombringer and Broodmother all feel very distinct and have unique playstyles, but there's something to be said for the more straightforward heroes like Dragon Knight, Tidehunter and Skeleton King as well.

If you haven't already, check out the amazing comic Valve is doing:

http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/

Edited by Tensei

so puck is oodles of fun

escapes like crazy, can port wherever and silence, can evade damage whenever she wants (windrunner arrows? dodged) and her ult is basically a no-win situation like blood's.

it took me a few games to figure out how to make it work but now it's good times all around

if i ever get given extra keys i'll make sure to offer them up, so if people here want one say so

i wanna play with people i know. today i had my first case of mic flaming, some batrider on my team was terrible and was just going on and on about how bad the juggernaught in his lane was. the entire team told him to shut up which he did finally but he ended up going 2-9, feeding their weaver and destroying our chances