Dota 2

DarkeSword

I feel like they only really need to nerf the Tornado+ EMP combo because fuck that shit. 3k range, 2.5 seconds worth of AoE disable, and 400 mana burned.

Last time I played against invoker I vowed not to play a hero that uses mana the next time I'm against him. Its fucking bullshit. Can't push or defend after getting hit with that, and it's not even a long cooldown.

CM ftw. Furion/invokerless games.

While winning is fun, you're still a terrible person.

No no, hush. I'm not a terrible person for enjoying my Invoker play. I still think he's overpowered, definitely.

I feel like they should remove the damage done by EMP. Surely losing your mana is enough? Especially since the damage done by Tornado isn't THAT shabby and if you're hit with Tornado, you're more or less guaranteed to be hit with EMP.

Then again, I'm not Icefrog. I don't know what I'm doing.

You should try playing Exort Invoker. You get like +60 autoattack damage in midgame, you can gank other lanes with your ion cannon while you keep farming, and you can actually pretend that you're an auto-attack carry later on because of Forge Spirits and Alacrity. It's pretty silly, and doesn't feel as cheap as Q/W Invoker.

You should try playing Exort Invoker. You get like +60 autoattack damage in midgame, you can gank other lanes with your ion cannon while you keep farming, and you can actually pretend that you're an auto-attack carry later on because of Forge Spirits and Alacrity. It's pretty silly, and doesn't feel as cheap as Q/W Invoker.

exort/stat invoker solomid with forge spirit

rape 2 towers in 8 minutes

I'm officially my Invoker kick. Thank God. I've never felt more disappointed in myself.

Anyone have any success with Tinker? I want to learn him (despite Rambo hating him), but don't know what to do besides be an annoying little guy and push all the lanes all the time. I think I 'get' his general mission (massive burst early, mid push, late perma-sheep/Shivas), but every time I try him the game is over before anything happens.

What am I doing wrong?!

Tinker probably has one of the more unique playstyles though he shares some similarities with Nature's Prophet. His main role in midgame is to constantly pressure lanes without enemies in them. Basically really punishes teams that want to group up and push or running gank squads.

His burst makes him scary to take on alone so the enemy team often has to dedicate two or more people to gank him when he's sidepushing. He's also really good at poking because his rockets outrange basically everything, so his kit makes it easy for him to follow around enemy carries and prevent them from farming.

His main weakness is that he takes way more time to get going than Prophet and he needs fast levels and farm so he's drastically less useful in a dual lane.

Boots of Travel and Bottle are core, Sheep is THE lategame item for him, but Soul Ring and Force Staff are amazing as well.

The hardest thing to learn about him is how to optimally use all your skills and active items during ganks or pushes. Queueing up spells with the shift key is almost mandatory on him.

I'm officially my Invoker kick. Thank God. I've never felt more disappointed in myself.

Anyone have any success with Tinker? I want to learn him (despite Rambo hating him), but don't know what to do besides be an annoying little guy and push all the lanes all the time. I think I 'get' his general mission (massive burst early, mid push, late perma-sheep/Shivas), but every time I try him the game is over before anything happens.

What am I doing wrong?!

ganking from mid early is a big part of his game, he can practically 1 shot people from about 6-9 and that will help you farm up your boots. after that, hopping back and forth from lanes is a must; you already know this, but you can be really agressive about it; unless someone can instakill you on the other team or stun you out of the return, you can hop in, kill two waves and get out, making them commit people to lanes.

• 2 weeks later...
Invoker

- Chaos Meteor damage increased from 80+Exort*30 to 80+Exort*35

- Chaos Meteor land time decreased from 1.5 to 1.3

- EMP can no longer hit Invulnerable/Tornadoed units

- EMP cooldown increased from 25 to 30 seconds

- Sun Strike damage type changed from Magical to Pure

- Sun Strike now reveals the area it will hit before the damage impact

- Tornado cooldown increased from 25 to 30 seconds

- Tornado Damage decreased from 77.5+(Wex+Quas)*23 to 70+(Wex+Quas)*20

Dota patch 6.74, Rejoice!

I'm gonna say Shadow Demon based on the title of the latest blog post. Other possible candidates are Lycan, Gyrocopter, Mortred or Templar Assassin. I'm pretty excited about the balance changes too though.

E: Looks like I was right on SD being added. Another good Antimage counterpick. The balance changes are in as well.

Edited by Tensei