Megaman 3 All songs remix/medley

ooidort

Doesn't necessarily count as a remix, but thought this is the best place to get feedback about this kind of stuff.

So my plan is to somehow merge every robotmaster song into one big song. The biggest problem I think is going to be the tempo, which changes between every song. I'll try to update this post according to every new song I manage to squeeze in.

Opinions and advices how to improve are welcome and I'll try to make changes accordingly.

Additions:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/megamedley_hardman_snakeman_topman.mp3 (Top Man partially)

Improved (?) production:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/megamedley_sounddsd.mp3

Sources:

Stage select

For the piece as a whole: solo guitar is nice and clearly in the fore of the ensemble, but doesn't stick out. Excellent balance overall.

I would prefer to hear a little more bass, but take this with a grain of salt - as a tuba player I have a very keen bias towards low frequency instruments. :P

The Stage Select portion sounds like you've paid a lot of attention to it (very nice!).

Very effective use of silence at 0:12.

Nice transition between Stage Select and Hard Man.

1:08 to 1:12 would be a great place to emphasize the bass.

1:32 another great use of silence. Good transition.

Snake Man rhythm section (specifically the offbeats) at 1:49 to 2:02 gets repetitive really fast.

2:10 to 2:12, maybe [play with]/[take advantage of] the natural syncopation of this one bar? Instead of having the bass play half notes, make it do something interesting.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing you finish this project!

SnakeMan is great! You transitioned perfectly Who are 'ya doin' next? I noticed you're going in some sort of a diamond direction.

Megaman3_Boss_Menu.png

You went from stage select to HardMan, now Snake Man. So I suggest maybe TopMan? Then MagnetMan, SparkMan, NeedleMan, ShadowMan, and GeminiMan.

Sounds great!

Oh, and add these sources as you go.

Stage Select

And, if you decide to,

SnakeMan is great! You transitioned perfectly Who are 'ya doin' next? I noticed you're going in some sort of a diamond direction.

Top Man most probably, as you guessed. :) Although I'm not, at least conciously, following any pattern here. Just trying to make everything fit.

FunkyEntropy, I'll try to make the bass more interesting. As a guitarist I often just double the guitars and that's it, which is bad. :)

Thanks for the feedback, both of you!

Odd choice for the first songs, there - they're certainly not the most popular choices among them (Hardman?). Personally, I think that's awesome that you're focusing on the less popular songs first :nicework:.

I don't need to say that this is a medley and therefore will not be accepted on OCR, right? Just getting that out of the way so it doesn't shock you later.

Otherwise, it's quite good, bro. The guitar sound is excellent, although the melody is a bit too far from the front in terms of mixing, and it sounds like the highs in the EQ are missing for that instrument. Bring out the melody more & bring up the highs a little. Then you'll be spot on, production wise.

Robot master select is great, and Hardman is awesome. Snakeman is a little bit odd, imo. You changed up the harmonies so they end up sounding too static, overall. I'd recommend using more of the original chords, to get rid of the static nature the track currently has.

Otherwise, I'm waiting to see this one finished. I will then download it and keep it for my personal library ;-).

I don't need to say that this is a medley and therefore will not be accepted on OCR, right? Just getting that out of the way so it doesn't shock you later.

Yep, I know. I just finished and published my demo and wanted to do something different for a while. :)

Otherwise, it's quite good, bro. The guitar sound is excellent, although the melody is a bit too far from the front in terms of mixing, and it sounds like the highs in the EQ are missing for that instrument. Bring out the melody more & bring up the highs a little. Then you'll be spot on, production wise.

Might have something to do with my neck pickup. I'll see what I can do.

Snakeman is a little bit odd, imo. You changed up the harmonies so they end up sounding too static, overall. I'd recommend using more of the original chords, to get rid of the static nature the track currently has.

I'll dig into it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/megamedley_hardman_snakeman_topman.mp3

Yyyyeahh, I'm gonna stop here until I get some fresh strings on my guitar. As you can hear from the Top Man part, the intonation is way off. I'll redo the leads when I get the strings.

Edit-

Also did some changes here and there. Mainly tweaked the leads and stuff according to feedback.

• 3 months later...