*NO* Final Fantasy 4 'LightTravellers'

djpretzel

Game: Final Fantasy 4

Song: Into the Darkness (cave theme)

Artist Name: Piejacked!

A reggae type remix. The arrangement is pretty straightforward, the samples aren't the best, but dammit, I'm satisfied with this remix. I hope you like it.

Protricity can delete the file from his server as soon as the judges/djp are finished with it.

Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The new MSN Search! Check it out!

I had a nice, long review typed up, and IE decided to crash and eat it.

Basically, the sound quality and instrumentation isn't doing the arrangement justice here. The guitar is way GM, the marimba sounds like a retriggered synth rather than an actual instrument. There needs to be more attention to dynamic contrast with the instruments, and a more fleshed out groove to qualify this as reggae and make it sound complete. Right now, many sections are simply flat.

Oh yea, ending is no good, either.

NO

-D

Not a bad mix, but I think that there are some issues. My main issue is that the song's development is pretty flatline thoughout the whole thing. Dynamics are really important here; everything sounds the same all throughout the mix.

I also think that the guitar could be sequenced better; add some slight pitch-bends to give it some more character.

I'd also like to hear more of the panpipes in this song; it adds a nice quality to the texture, but it disappears so quickly. :(

I do like the reverb going on; nice cavernous effect without being muddy.

Overall the mix needs somework; solid, but not solid enough.

NO

Definitely flat delivery here; work on providing contrast between your instruments. Too bad, since there are some solid rearrangement ideas. The bass guitar synth or whatever that is at 1:10 sounds awful compared to the rest of the sounds, which weren't sequenced that strongly, but at least sounded a measure better. The ending indeed sputters out. This could be so much more.

NO (refine the sounds & resub for a YES)