MIDI "Medleying?"

ncocs

So, I just wanted to put the three Metroid Fusion SA-X themes together into one midi, and change up instruments. Not for OCR--that would never make it. Is there a way to do that? Put all three midi's into one project file?

You can import a midi individually by:

Piano Roll --> Piano Roll Menu --> File --> Import MIDI File. This places all of the Midi in one piano roll.

You can also import MIDI by going the the FL Menu --> Import --> MIDI, but this automatically replaces your current project with just the MIDI.

Well, you can import the MIDI channels separately, by the steps I posted above (there should be a drop-down menu to choose which channel you want), and then just put separate channels in different patterns/instruments. So for each MIDI, go to Piano Roll --> Piano Roll Menu --> File --> Import MIDI File, choose the MIDI you want, choose which track you want from the drop-down, and then rinse and repeat for each track in a different channel or pattern.

I just discovered how to do it much easier than that. All you do is drag the midi into Fl as if you're opening it and closing the current project. When it asks you what channels, you uncheck "start new project" or whatever like that.

Thanks for the help though.