"In the Hive of Wasps" Donkey Kong Country 2 Remix

DJ Nitro°

Hi, im new in Ocremix, and i come to show a musical theme, called "In the Hive of Wasps", a remix of "Wasp Hive" of "Donkey Kong Country 2" in a Electronic version...

Please tell me that I add or remove it to sound better...

Sorry for my bad english... i speak in spanish and i use the google traductor for translating the text... Here down is the link of the musical theme (click in the image)...

screenshot100j.png

NEW VERSION!!!

NEW VERSION!!!

NEW VERSION!!!

Listen the new version and comment...

Supongo que puedo Google Translate para ti, si buscas en Google Traducido por nosotros.

Suena muy bueno para mí, me recuerda a la banda sonora de Bionic Commando Rearmed. Esa es una buena cosa para la producción pero no es muy original. Desde el estilo de Electrónica está tan cerca de lo que el original tenía no es suficiente de un cambio por sí solo. Los jueces tienden a no así. Tal vez añadir piezas nuevas, tal vez la mezcla de trozos de otra canción.

Spakku (dude, don't make everyone use google translate) is right. This isn't gonna get posted on ocremix. Not in this condition, at least.

The sounds are ok, but they could be processed better. Not sure why you're using sounds from an acoustic drum kit in an electronic mix. Could work, but I'd say a straight electronic kit would work better. The snare has a lot of bass, making it interfere with the bass drum. And man the track is loud. Surprisingly, I don't hear any compression problems.

The arrangement is, as Spakku already stated, a bit too close to source. I'm more concerned about the transitions, a lot of them are abrupt and come with no warning. A good arrangement handles those things more fluidly, even when it's supposed to have hard and fast changes to it. So that needs work.

Cool start, but needs some more work. Also, welcome to ocremix. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting - you started at the end of the source, nice change in pace, there.

The metal is causing some compression and tuning issues, now. When adding new instruments you'll need to remix all of the other instruments so they all balance better ('remix' = mix all of the channels again... confusion on a site that uses that term differently so often :lol:). The guitar sounds a little flat, as well, so tune that up a bit.

Yeah, I'm sure the guitar is causing the clipping, but be sure to scour the mix again and check for any area that might be clipping and fix it. From what Rozo said earlier, it seems that you're capable of fixing overcompression issues and clipping, so just systematically go through the mix and fix it all.

As for the arrangement, there's one big problem with it - the mix seems to stay in one area of the source for too long (a.k.a. the entire mix). Feel free to expand out to the other sections of the source. This will make it sound less constrictive. While I didn't hear the old mix, this one does sound close to being acceptable for OCR, arrangement-wise, so I'm going to guess you've changed the arrangement quite a bit on this (it's still conservative, though).

I like this tune. This remix isn't too shabby, either. Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...