OCR02112 - Shantae: Risky's Revenge "Baal Bhaagna"

djpretzel

I've been listening to this mix for DAYS. ReMix of the Week it is on my podcast too!!! But THAT section at 1:24... WOW. It's totally, TOTALLY everything to me. I'm SO all about that section. Reminds me of every Bond theme and every 70's TV show theme all mixed together. Love it man, seriously. The intro also reminds me of that brilliant CV mix you did years back. Words cannot express how much I love this remix. Really, they can't.

Just listened, and delighted over the sweet sound.

I love the fast paced beat, and rhythm. Honestly reminds me of Ninja Gaiden,PoP, & a bit of Sonic (but in a great way!)

This new teaser is just sweet on so many levels.

Hope you're working on the soundtrack. I may have just become a new fan, of this neat series.

i like to think that I have a pretty high tolerance for loud volumes, but this track is dangerously loud at full volume. this is certainly, as djp put it, a 'juggernaut of production' but in comparison to some of the other high-volume guys like bLiNd and PrototypeRaptor, listening to this above 75% volume is unbearable. perhaps it's just me.

anyway, this mix (at a listenable volume) is incredible. virt always shows amazing versatility as a musician and I hope that we will see more mixes from him on the frontpage (and after this mixpost, I am confident that we will! :D)

fantastic mix!

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent atmosphere, flow, and something interesting at all times, a solid melody, and great supporting parts. Samples and production are great, and it's got a great beat.

All of that. And more.

The intro is great and a lot of fun. 1:20 onwards has a very 70s TV show vibe to it; I could see Charlie's Angels (the original ones, of course) do some poorly performed stunts to this.

Awesome work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not just you, Drew - I also had a problem with the volume level on the mix, it's definitely not easy on the ears. However, that critique aside, this mix is pretty much untouchable. Stunning sequencing, as I've come to expect from virt, in a much more unconventional genre than I'm used to seeing him mix in. That combination of virt's usual goodness with an unusual style that you don't hear on OCR everyday really makes for a memorable remix.

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief. What a flurry-kick of colour and spice... unmistakable Indian-influence, if not a somewhat cartoony version of Indian music. But hey, that's how I like my videogame mixes.

There's really not a lot to say, other than there is a lot to love here. The sound is loud and has some real weight to it, which is always a good way to win my undivided attention. Despite so much going on at any given moment, it never feels overly chaotic or strenuous to listen to. It's been masterfully produced, and is almost unrivalled in sheer thunderous rhythm.

If you just happen to be after a stampede of sound coming in from somewhere in central Asia, look no further. It's got hooky melody lines, neat sounding vocals and an assload of ethnicity working at once to form a must-hear mix. Love it.

I love this mix a lot; its one of those mixes that I would label as having a story to tell, especially with it's energetic pacing and a "go big or go home" feel.

My only complaint with this is a minor one: the intro police chase sound effects were never followed up on. I want to know what happens next, darn it!

But anyway, this is truly an amazing song, pure and simple.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This screams "Bollywood!" at the top of it's lungs. This is incredibly brilliant! I could just imagine this being used in a Bollywood film or something close to that. It's got action scene written all over it, especially from the intro and I just can't express how much this ReMix rocks. Love the use of the vocals as well. Recommended by far.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02112 - Shantae: Risky's Revenge "Baal Bhaagna"