OCR01258 - Chrono Trigger "When All Hope Has Faded"

djpretzel

After downloading, listening and rating all 1600 (actually only half of them so far) songs from that huge torrent. This is the only song I have given a perfect rating to, It is by far my favorite.

(In all fairness I have actually only listened to and rated 750 or so songs as of yet).

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You could bring me to my knees with a remix like this one. I will agree that the orchestral music was stronger than the techno, but I'm not going to say better, at all - to say 'better' or 'worse' would imply that they sounded like two separate entities in the music, which they did not at all. The techno portions needed to be weaker in order to mesh so well with the rest of the orchestral music; you cannot really separate one element from the other. I cannot express how wonderful this remix is in words.

I'm frankly quite amazed that this is from 2004 - incredible work from both of you so long ago. It doesn't surprise me that Zircon is still making amazing remixes today (although it does surprise me that Tyler decided to stop after 2005 - Come on, we need more Tyler remixes, now!).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Um... well, the two parts stand pretty solidly on their own, and the transition from techno to orchestral isn't bad. But really, the fade between genres could have been a LOT more seamless the first time around. The second one was a little bit better doing it gradually, but I still believe this should have just been two separate mixes. Unknown's orchestration is solid and zircon... well, he's improved a lot but even this isn't too bad, but I'll echo everyone else's sentiments that this was more of a mashup and less of a collab.

• 8 months later...

Nice buildup and though some of the synths are a bit vanilla, the beats are good. This definitely lacks the punch and excitement of Zircon's later stuff, but it's a good gauge of the level he was at when he first started getting stuff on the site. If you dig the theme, you'll find plenty to be excited by, and overall it works decently.

• 4 years later...

People comment on some technical aspects of this track being imperfect. They're probably right. Despite that, I absolutely adore the heroic upswing of this song, and find it incredibly motivating to work to. This is easily one of my favorite songs of all time. Thank you both, very much.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01258 - Chrono Trigger "When All Hope Has Faded"