Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

Well, now that I've cleaned the egg off my face, I'm going to make a quick announcement.

It came to my attention through my various recruiting efforts that I may have been a little too narrow with my definition of "film score." When I think film score, my mind automatically jumps to orchestra and acoustics. However, some of my favorite soundtracks (The Dark Knight for example) have a heavy amount of synth and electronic music in them.

So, broadening the style a little, by film score, I mean cinematic (e.g. not rock/techno/metal/country/etc.). The epic feel of a movie score through whatever musical means the artist deems appropriate. I'm hoping this will broaden the appeal for people like those that told me that they were interested, but orchestra isn't their thing.

Just a quick call out. HoboKa is open to the possibility of a collab on the Koopa Bros theme. So if you've got some cinematic skills but didn't want to take on a whole track by yourself, let me know please. :smile:

EDIT: Decent samples might be helpful too. Just sayin. ;-)

Edited by RECKENEFIN

Well, whether it is or not, this is a good opportunity to add one more thing to the guidelines. I'm holding to the OCReMix standard of no MIDI rips. Also, I think the mix needs to be original enough so that there's no doubt in anyone's mind that it is not a MIDI rip. So just something to keep in mind. :smile:

Also, giving him the benefit of the doubt, NeonGaming is on for the Tubba Blubba track.

Edited by RECKENEFIN

It's a very early WIP, I'm working on something far better for this song, I only needed that for the basic outline, jeez.

EDIT: Wow, it's so hard getting it to go right. Maybe I need to stick with the Sweet Trumpet.

EDIT2: Screw it, mine is bad. Can't get that song right in any way I think of it.

Edited by NeonGaming

@Tensei: Don't worry. I do have quality control measures. If something isn't up or close to OCR standards, it won't make it through to the final product.

@NeonGaming: Why don't we move this conversation over to PM. Don't want this thread to be for anything other than recruiting, updates, and comments.