Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with discussing WIP progress in this topic. If anything, having more posts here would help create a façade of consistent, fast-paced development which will encourage more mixers to take part in the project.
True. I guess discussion is OK. WIP's, audition pieces, and potential letters of resignation I would rather keep private though. Just my opinion.

Before an angry Darke comes in and tells you - any recruitment thread in this forum is for recruitment, not project coordination, wip discussion, and egg throwing. Hylian Lemon ran his project in the remix feedback section, as did Bahamut and Taucer with DKC2 during some stages of its development. Other places to run the project at are KNGI (numerous projects) and ThaSauce (FFIV, dunno others). Project goal and style, progress, stuff like that is fine to keep here, but much of the stuff I see in this thread doesn't seem to belong in a recruitment thread. At least going by what's been said before when recruitment threads become everything but.

As much as thread activity contributes to a sense of progress, it's not what recruitment threads are for.

5 tracks claimed. Come on, a cinematic music album, ppl! Even with the abundance of projects, this one needs more love. :D

Before an angry Darke comes in and tells you - any recruitment thread in this forum is for recruitment, not project coordination, wip discussion, and egg throwing. Hylian Lemon ran his project in the remix feedback section, as did Bahamut and Taucer with DKC2 during some stages of its development. Other places to run the project at are KNGI (numerous projects) and ThaSauce (FFIV, dunno others). Project goal and style, progress, stuff like that is fine to keep here, but much of the stuff I see in this thread doesn't seem to belong in a recruitment thread. At least going by what's been said before when recruitment threads become everything but.

You see that's what I thought. So I revert back to my original stance on the matter. We'll keep it to the project forum. I've just gotta remember to give people a link when they join. :roll:

5 tracks claimed. Come on, a cinematic music album, ppl! Even with the abundance of projects, this one needs more love. :D

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But I can be patient. :smile:

Chernabogue has taken on the opening scene of the game (the party and first battle and so forth).

Just as an example of something that I would find acceptable to do. The current plan is that he'll recreate the feel of the opening scene while only using two of the source tracks from it. This is what I mean by keeping the flow of the story intact. Just throwing it out there for ya. :smile:

Brandon Straders fault.

Really not my fault. I admit I broke the rules by posting the broken egg here, but you really went overboard with it at several other places when the original egg toss wasn't even directed at you. o.O

And about this thread -- I'm actually surprised there's no angry DarkeSword here yet. Threads are for RECRUITMENT only here.. Not microupdates, not "Oh ok, we'll do it differently now." It's not for discussing WIPs. I'm not sure if you can announce every claim you get, that technically is on the topic of recruitment. If you want to express examples of how it should be, the main post is a great place to explain that. If you need to post again despite having already posted, there's an EDIT button which will allow you to do that. Triple posts and quadruple posts are generally frowned upon as much, if not moreso, than a double-post.

I don't want you to reply to this with "Oh, ok, thanks for the advice." I'm just helping you out before DarkeSword finally notices what's going on here, and drops Maxwell's Silver Hammer on your heads. Please try to keep it on the topic of recruiting with no more idle jibber jabber. Ain't no time for jibber jabber. Thanks. :-)

Could we please drop the egg thing? :banghead: I was going to ignore it after it was posted. Take it as a joke and move along. If you guys want to argue over who was right and wrong, do it in PM, not here. Because, while my practices are somewhat in question (working on that), this is a recruitment thread, and not a "beat the dead egg-throwing horse" thread.

Thank you.

Now, back to recruiting. And if anyone brings up the egg-thing or anything else unrelated to the project and/or recruitment, I'll bring the angry Darke here myself. :twisted:

Yeah...

I'm easy to anger, and I have to be more careful, so I think I will take the blame for the egg-thing.

I'm probably going to recieve

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
from him. (again)

So... Sorry for all of the wasted space. Contine.

Also, I think I will pull for the Title Screen. (any further discussion on this will be by PM, RECKENEFIN).

Sorry, and good luck to you all.

Edited by Anorax

:roll:

And Darke said that as long as I'm not running my project out of here, that everything should be ok. So I don't think updating it to let people know when a track is taken is a problem. I will, however, just edit my last post until someone posts after me, just to keep things from looking to conceited.

Perfect example. Someone posts after me, I post update saying that Electrolisystem has claimed the Title Theme track. Now I won't post again until someone posts after me, and I'll just edit this post.

No more pointless, unrelated to anything posts though please. :roll:

EDIT: Yay, I get to demonstrate my plan. I've decided to post my first deadline of sorts. Figure I need to start putting up some sort of timeline. So, I want to try and have all of the tracks signed up for by FEBRUARY 5. 2011, which also happens to be the game's 10th anniversary of North American release. Seeing as some of the projects seem to be wrapping up by the end of this year, and realizing how busy everyone is with life and other stuff, I figure 2.5 months is fairly reasonable to have all of the tracks claimed, considering that people have been slowly trickling in every week. If we get them all filled before then, great! I'll just move onto the next deadline. Just a heads up for you all. The way life is going, February 5 will be here before we know it.

Edited by RECKENEFIN

Now it does. :roll:

EDIT: Electrolisystem has requested that he be named for the track for now, but if someone else wants to take it, he'll relinquish his claim to them. I think I understood that correctly. Basically if someone else wants the Title Theme, it's open; otherwise it's taken. :???:

EDIT2: And NeonGaming has decided that he can't commit to the Tubba Blubba track at this time, so that track is now open for the time being.

Edited by RECKENEFIN

Yeah.. I thought about signing on for this now, but I listened to a few of the songs and they made my belly hurt. Maybe because I haven't eaten all day, but that's irrelevant.

I'd do Bowser's Rage as melodic heavy opethian metuuul. You could mark me as that if you want. Don't know how cinematic it'd be, I could maybe put an orchestra behind it. Pwease don't ask for a WIP any time too soon though since you're aware of my todo list now hehe... I need to power through at least all of the black-text tracks. (that's 9 songs)