Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

Just an update if it wasn't clear. Sir Jordanius is working on the Title Screen, and SiriusBeatz has agreed to work on his "A Plea from the Stars" mix under our project name.

That brings us to a grand total of 8 tracks remaining and a little over a month before the first deadline. If anybody is rolling off a project and wants to get on board with another one, now's a good opportunity. :<

Edited by RECKENEFIN

• 1 month later...

Well, the first deadline has come and gone, and things are making progress. I'm setting the next progress deadline for July 15.

We still have 8 tracks available. If anyone is interested in joining, shoot me a PM and an audition piece. We're almost halfway there! We can do it! :-D

Do you need a hand? :)

I'd like to get in on this one - Paper Mario is one of my fave Mario titles ever, so it'll be something to see through if it succeeds. I think I can make a good piano concerto out of the second one in the Finale set (the one with "Farewell Twink" in it), so we'll see.

As for my back catalogue, "Time's Anxiety" (posted on the site) shows a good example of what I can do with the writing on multiple instruments. "Dream Traveler" for Summoning of Spirits can also serve as a good example, given that was arranged for piano and strings. I also am mainly a piano performer as well (re: "Tomorrow's Wake", "Schumacher's Bar" on Project Chaos, "The Feather's Reflection" on Threshold of a Dream), so you can trust that aspect to come through fine.

If there's anything else you might need, just give me a knock :)

Alright, so to recap:

Rexy is now on board, bringing the remaining track count to 7.

blazerh44 is offering his services with male vocals. If anyone wants to use his services for the project, feel free to evaluate him for your track.

And a reminder the Chris|Amaterasu has offered violin skills to anyone who is interested.

That's all. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A little update. JH Sounds is unable to continue with the project, so his track is now available. However, an option is now available. I'll take either "The Mushroom Kingdom" or the Staff Roll tracks. My goal with the end of the album is to provide a satisfying ending. Aside from that, either one of the tracks will be satisfactory.

So, one track opens, but we still have just 7 left. I'd like to see these slots filled with some amazing talent, so shoot me a PM if you're interested. :grin:

Alright, the next checkpoint is going to be on October 15, 2011. I'm calling them checkpoints because we need all of the tracks taken before we can enforce deadlines, but I still want to promote progress.

That said, we've still got 7 tracks left, and it would be great to have them all taken soon. I know we can do this. :grin:

I don't think I have enough time to remix a track, BUT, if anyone needs female vocals, harp (folk/lever, not pedal), glockenspiel, piano, or whatever, I can contribute! So if you would be willing to list me as an asset, that would be excellent. You can hear my stuff at www.natalyazarraga.com and/or www.youtube.com/roseofmay if you would like a sample. :D

Edited by Natalya Zarraga

Alright, the results are in, and the selection panel has agreed that Pyro Paper Planes gets the track. He asked first, and his skills are on par with the competition. Thanks to Emunator for being a good sport about it. :-D

In other news, after some thought that has been going on for a while, I've trimmed out a few tracks that aren't as necessary, which brings our overall track count to 5! Almost there!

Also, Terra Mater has offered her skills to your compositions. If you can use her, or any of the other artists offering their abilities to the project, give them a look.

And, on a thread-related note, "Recknefarian"? What's up with that? :tomatoface:

Ah, which reminds me. From now on, if anyone is interested in participating, please let me know through PM. That way it keeps this thread for updates and comments, and it keeps ... eh ... "controversial" selections more private. :<

And for those questioning any of our selections, I refer you to my sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Nintendude794 is on board for "The Mushroom Kingdom." One more track down.

Also, after being informed that the track previously listed for Chapter 8 wasn't very representative, I decided to change it. The new track up for grabs is "Siege on Bowser's Castle." This is the track for Bowser's castle, and the sample contains all 4 variations.

So close. Let's do it! 8)