Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

• 1 month later...

So, one week before another checkpoint, and I have an update! We have only ONE MORE TRACK left to be taken! That's right, it's taken quite some time, but we've almost filled up the roster . . . assuming all of the currently listed artists are still alive. :tomatoface:

Anyway, the two artists who are now on board are the indescribable Huko C (taking over Chapter 4) and, please welcome from YouTube, Mesmonium (taking over Chapter 5).

I hope you'll excuse my theatrical mood. I'm having a good day, and I hope you all have one too. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

And we've passed another checkpoint, so the next one will be January 15, 2012 . . . ya know, assuming that the Mayan's just lost interest in their calendars and all.

Just fyi, I only post the deadline/checkpoints here to give prospective mixers a better feel for the schedule we're on. :wink:

• 1 month later...

So, it's been a while since my last update, so here we go.

1. A bit of a step backwards, "Live at Club 64" is now back up for the taking, bringing the available count to 2. In-game, this song had "vocals" which amounted to "oh-oh-oh-oh" etc. So it would be nice to see this song with some actual lyrics. But that would be up to whoever takes the song ultimately.

2. The other available track would be "Huffin' and Puffin'," so keep that one on your radar as well.

3. Don't forget about the people that have volunteered their instrumental and vocal skills to ReMixers in need. It's easy to overlook that list in the OP, but they could make the difference for somebody.

4. The final battle track, "King of the Koopas," has been taken by DarkSim. Big round of applause and a warm welcome.

5. And finally, as the final list fills up, I'll be pursuing OCR approval, as well as a back-up plan in case that does not work out.

I'll post about this in the project list thread. Hopefully now that unofficial projects are included, more people will look into the lesser-known projects that are here. 8)

• 5 weeks later...
Woah, woah, wait. No Toad Town remix? Is it too late to change that? I have a lot that I'm working on, so I can't. I'd love to do it, but I can't. I just want to point that out in case somehow nobody noticed that yet.

You know, I don't know what I was thinking there. Maybe I didn't think it was a major theme, but I don't know why I would think that. You hear it repeatedly throughout the game. I've added that to the list. :roll:

• 2 months later...

So, it's time to bump this thread with an update. After some tough decisions, we now have 7 tracks available for the taking. So if you were interested in a track and wanted to get involved, shoot me a PM with a sample of your best work, and the panel and I will get back to you. 8)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long time since posting. Life has been very busy. Quick updates, due to various circumstances, we have 7 tracks available and ripe for the picking. I did, however, just notice that the links to the source tracks are down. I'll try to get that fixed in the next week or two.

Also, I've started the application process to get Official status. Once I hear back from the judges on a verdict, we'll start developing a new plan of action. In the meantime, let's try and get that roster full. 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. Between final exams and transitioning from school to the real world, I've been preoccupied. :roll: However, this project is far from dead. We're still refining our current WIPs, and we're in the process of applying for official status.

We also have 7 tracks available, so jump on board and pick one of the remaining tracks! Don't feel up to a solo? Grab a friend and try a collab. Just send me a sample of your work, and our panel will see if you're a match for our project. 8)

• 4 weeks later...