Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

Hi guys! I'm producing a remix of the track's Dojo Master Battle in order to participate in the Project, there is a theme that is the track list of the project but I hope the organizers decide to include this theme. I just sent the draft to the project organizers assess and decide whether or not I'm in

I'd like you to accompany my WIP thread to give to their criticism.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40601

Hello everybody! Sorry for my lack of activity of late. I've been working through some real-world business, and I'm just now getting a chance to post an update.

So Hicky Eighth is now on-board, taking on a Shy Guy's Toy Box mix. That brings our album open-track count down to 5.

Hicky is also adding on the Dojo Master's battle theme as a bonus track. And now for some information on bonus tracks.

The main drive of the album was to pay tribute to Paper Mario, and I decided to focus on the main story of the game for coherence (and sanity). That's what the list in the OP has been. However, I realize that some people's favorite tracks are either not on the list, or have been preempted by the "equal representation of chapters" set up. So I'm opening it up for a bonus track section. Here's the breakdown for that:

1. I still want to focus on filling the main story-centric part of the album. So until the main roster is full, I will only be accepting bonus tracks from mixers with a track claimed in the main roster. Once the main roster is full, it will be free-game for everybody.

2. The same style requirements will apply to the bonus tracks.

3. Bonus tracks can only be taken from tracks that are not in the roster.

I hope that all makes sense. Some of you are probably asking, "But what if I don't like any of the available tracks in the main roster?" If that's the case, please PM me. I'm open to switching out a roster track for another track from the same chapter. Again, PM me so we can discuss your options.

Finally, I've been in communication with the judges, trying to get the album approved for official status. It's still a work-in-progress, but we are working closely with the judges to make sure that we produce the best, OCR-quality album that we possible can. I'll keep you posted as developments arise. 8)

And, in a minor update, I finally fixed the broken links in the roster. Now you can actually listen to the original source tunes without having to track them down. :roll:

EDIT: And PL155 is taking on "Story of the Stolen Spirits." That brings the total down to 4. Almost there. Let's keep it rolling everybody!

Edited by RECKENEFIN

So I've got two updates this time around.

First, theshaggyfreak is taking on Toad Town Theme. We're nearly there guys! This would bring the tally down to 3.

Well, it would, if I didn't also add the Goomba Village theme to the roster. I don't know why I originally decided not to include that one, but I just came to the conclusion that it would not be an accurate representation of the game's story if I left out the world where you first wake up. So the tally is still at 4, but we are doing a great job of filling the roster. Keep it up!

Just FYI, I have about 4 pages of the score done so far and it's coming along nicely. I've found a few sources of various stuff from Toad Town. So, I think I'm good. The theme can get pretty weird in some of the areas which is fun. It's been a while sinceI beat this game but I'm starting to remembers bits and pieces the game. :)

you guys don't think this theread cam be moved for the project section, i'm saying this because i'm searching a project to work trough in the project section and found nothing, then by chance i see a post by RECKNEFIN with a tag from Flate Notes, I thought I had forgotten to look at any item in the list of "projects", and then I was to discover that the acessas theread of Flate Notes I had to go into "worckshop" and then "recruit & colaborate.", If there is a rule or condition that make this irregular just let me know, I just think that section is more popular and we would get more views and people in.

OH! wait! There is! ( O.o) the Flate notes is already in the "Project Section" My prayers were answered!!! LOL

Edited by Hicky Eighth
repairing

you guys don't think this theread cam be moved for the project section, i'm saying this because i'm searching a project to work trough in the project section and found nothing, then by chance i see a post by RECKNEFIN with a tag from Flate Notes, I thought I had forgotten to look at any item in the list of "projects", and then I was to discover that the acessas theread of Flate Notes I had to go into "worckshop" and then "recruit & colaborate.", If there is a rule or condition that make this irregular just let me know, I just think that section is more popular and we would get more views and people in.

The "Projects" subforum is usually reserved for OCR-approved projects. Usually you start a project in "recruit and collaborate" for obvious reasons, then as the project moves along, ask a forum moderator (Darkesword or other) to move the thread for you.

The "Projects" subforum is usually reserved for OCR-approved projects. Usually you start a project in "recruit and collaborate" for obvious reasons, then as the project moves along, ask a forum moderator (Darkesword or other) to move the thread for you.

Thanks,

somehow I knew it, I just thought it was time to move Flate Notes for this section

I can do a math rock/ prog metal remix of

and

, but I will need a singer to help me sing on this one.

Cant have a VG album with out over rated guitars :)

----------------------------

For http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omqaz4vrDk8 I can do an R&B remix, But I will need a female singer.

Edited by SonicThHedgog

"Club 64" (...) I can do an R&B remix, But I will need a female singer.

Why, don't include the Theme of "Club 64" and "Living at club 64" both? I think the best stile for this trasck is House and I have a sugestion for the theme of the lyrics: "Love Simple like Paper", I have no talent for writing lyrics, even in English because I'm from Brazil, but I think this theme is good.

If I can help in any thing about this track, just tell me, I'm already working on two songs but I have enough free time.

Edited by Hicky Eighth
repairing

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, I guess I never made that update. That would be my bad. :<

Ahem. . .

Noe joining the team: SonicThHedgog taking on "Live at Club 64" and KingTiger taking on "Goomba Village" and "Huffin' and Puffin'." That brings us to one track left! Just one track left before the roster is completely full for the first time! Any takers?

Whoop whoop nice work, man!

Make sure them mixes get super refined and subbed to the panel! Should be speeding up (hopefully) now that they got a new judge and a speedy judge team.

That'll make things easier if you do choose to go forward with OCR release, and you'd feel secure if say, 70% of the album was passed on the panel

As for me I said I could do my song before the end of August didn't I? AUGGHHH... I'm either gonna have to get down hard on the grind or look like a fool and miss it. But I'll try. :cry: