Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

Ah yes, the project forum. Time to explain my reasoning behind it. In the beginning, I had intended for the project to serve two purposes: keeping project members updated, and getting private feedback on WIPs. Since we aren't supposed to fully run the project in the recruiting forums, and you don't get a project thread until you're the first level of official status, I wanted to set up a temporary home base. This also provided the advantage of allowing the project members to give feedback on each others tracks without making them publicly available on OCR (what's the point of specifically releasing as an album if everyone can just download the tracks right off the bat?)

However, things slowed down, and I just started passing along updates through PMs, and very few people posted anything on the forum. I admit that I did stop passing on the link when new members got approved, so that didn't help.

All that said, the forum is there for members that want a little feedback from other members of the project, and I'll give permissions to anyone of you guys that want to register.

Exactly! I registered at the forum solely to give and receive feedback without the WIPs become pulblic for all of OCR (only for remixers who are working with this album) before the release of the album, it seems that there is a time that system was working, but there is one month that I registered there and nothing happens, I posted my WIP thereads, commented in the others and there was no reaction. I ask you to re-use that forum if otherwise we will have to finish our songs without feedback (which is bad).

So, just for an update, SonicThHedgog, to the best of my knowledge, is still on board for the time being, at least until the next deadline/checkpoint. So no more speculations or anything on that.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone (whether you're currently on the project or considering a bonus track) about the resource list at the top of the main post. This list contains people who have offered vocal, instrumental, and lyrics skills to any ReMixer that would like to use them for the project. So if you're having a roadblock in how to accomplish part of your vision, give the people in the list a ring and see if they can't help. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Pl511 has expressed that he needs to withdraw from the project. After some talks, that was his final decision. However, he is still offering his piano skills to anyone that would need them for their track.

This does mean that "The Story of the Stolen Star Spirits" is available for the taking once more. Let's not keep it open for very long. :wink: Any takers for this track?

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted an update. So, without further delay, I'll let you all know that we have 2 tracks that have reopened in total. The first one is "The Story of the Stolen Star Spirits," while the second one can technically be anything from Chapter 1 (the Koopa chapter) of the game. I just left the Koopa Bros. track on as default because it seems to be the most well known of the Chapter 1-specific source tunes.

Anyone up for a track? I've got two options ripe for the taking. And don't forget about the bonus section. Got a source that doesn't neatly fit in the Chapter divisions? Let me know and we'll see what we can do about it. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
If the spot is still open I'd like to do a remix of "The Story of the Stolen Star Spirits."

I like that one. I could help with it.

I've already got one I'm heavily working on, but that song is cool and I think I see some cool remix potential in it. It just depends on what we're looking for.

So yeah. I'm open for collabing on that one. :)

I've done a couple of rough mixes for it today and I think I'm going to be going with a Jazz waltz. Do you play any jazz piano?

I like that one. I could help with it.

I've already got one I'm heavily working on, but that song is cool and I think I see some cool remix potential in it. It just depends on what we're looking for.

So yeah. I'm open for collabing on that one. :)

I've done a couple of rough mixes for it today and I think I'm going to be going with a Jazz waltz. Do you play any jazz piano?

I love jazz and I'm decent with jazz chords, but I can't really play jazz piano all that much.

Don't worry. If I am of no use then that's ok. Dude, go for it. Jazz waltz? My gosh I want to hear this.

But hey, you can give me what you got and I could just help you out with some stuff, if even needed. Whatever you want. I've already got a remix I'm working on, I just pointed out that this one I was cool for helping out with. :)