Super Meat Boy Interview with Danny Baranowsky

justinj212

Danny Baranowsky will be interviewed on Radio Free Gamer tomorrow, Wednesday the 20th, about his soundtrack for the newly-released Super Meat Boy for the Xbox 360, Wii, PC, and Mac. IGN Editor Daemon Hatfield referred to Baranowsky's chiptune soundtrack to Super Meat Boy as "the best I've heard since Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game", which is high praise considering the amazing quality of the

Join Radio Free Gamer this Wednesday from 7-9 PM Eastern at 8BitX.com to hear the interview, as well as other great video game music. If you cannot listen live, be sure to download the podcast when it is posted later this week. The interview will also be posted to Youtube.

If you have any questions you want asked during the interview, please feel free to leave them here!

The full interview has been added to the podcast as part of RFG World 2 Level 31. Please check it out here. I think the interview turned out really well, and if you're on the fence about picking up Super Meat Boy or the amazing soundtrack, this will definitely convince you to. Thanks again to Danny for being on the show, and to you guys for checking it out and making SMB such a huge success!

• 3 weeks later...

Sat and listened to this at work underneath my desk. Fell asleep to the fitting music around Pot Hocket's FFX remix. Do you happen to have a track list for the songs you used after the interview? At least the couple of tracks before Pot Hocket's remix :sleepzzz: It's no big deal to scrounge it up if you don't.

Danny's such an epically cool dood. It was great to hear you pick his mind for a bit. Talking about how he went about composing the soundtrack and got involved, chip tunes, the game (of course), OcReMix, all very informative.

Thanks for this!

Sat and listened to this at work underneath my desk. Fell asleep to the fitting music around Pot Hocket's FFX remix. Do you happen to have a track list for the songs you used after the interview?

I have been so, so bad about updating my show notes lately. Promise I'll have those up tonight. I'll link to them here once they're up.

Edit: You literally fell asleep under your desk while listening to my show? Like George did in that one episode of Seinfeld? That's actually kinda cool.

You literally fell asleep under your desk while listening to my show? Like George did in that one episode of Seinfeld? That's actually kinda cool.

Yeah that's right :lol: I stayed awake during the interview of course, but when that first layered guitar remix played and the glitchy electronica remix played afterward, my eyelids dropped like a hammer. Didn't have a cup holder or blanket drawer under there or anything, but damn do I love a good nap underneath the desk.

It's nice to finally get a chance to experience this soundtrack first hand after listening to the interview a week ago. Obviously I haven't heard it all yet with Super Meat Boy only becoming playable on Steam as of today, but, it hasn't taken long to realize how unique (and awesome for anyone who grew up playing NES-generation games) this soundtrack is

If any other non-Xbox360 owners were looking forward to playing this on PC, the time has arrived (but you probably preordered last week, right?)!

ok, I have listened to it already, pretty cool!

But why this game hasn´t get enough love yet?

come on guys! it´s an excellent game!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Seems to me the game has been getting great coverage, especially for an indie game. It has a score of 90+ on metacritic as well, so the critical reception has been outstanding. The album even has remixes from some of the prominent artists on OCR, which is only fitting given DB did an outstanding job on it. I think everyone agrees at this point that it's a great game.