Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright team up!

Overflow

Hard to say anything without seeing gameplay.

yeah because capcom is about to make a trailer featuring gameplay from a relatively slow paced puzzle game/visual novel

how about you take your head out of your ass and let people get hype about a game

yeah because capcom is about to make a trailer featuring gameplay from a relatively slow paced puzzle game/visual novel

how about you take your head out of your ass and let people get hype about a game

shut up u fanboy. without any gameplay footage of a newly announced game that is at least a year away we can conclude that this game is going to suck some serious balls.

can you play PS3 games on a PS2?

You don't have to be sarcastic. Given that Nintendo has a generally good reputation for supporting backwards compatibility across its portable offerings, I don't think it's an unreasonable request or expectation for a 3DS game to work on a DS system, sans-3D features. :neutral:

I believe the carts for 3DS games have an extra notch so you can't place them in older DS models.

Thanks!

You don't have to be sarcastic. Given that Nintendo has a generally good reputation for supporting backwards compatibility across its portable offerings, I don't think it's an unreasonable request or expectation for a 3DS game to work on a DS system, sans-3D features. :neutral:

That's not same kind of backwards compatibility. Also I don't think my example was quite strong enough. That's like asking a developer to make sure that a PS3 game plays on a PS1. You'd pretty much be asking them to not only develop the game twice over (once for each set of hardware [seriously have you even seen how insane the graphics are for the 3DS]) but supply both of them on the same cartridge.

That does not sound reasonable to me at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only nintendo precedent for that was the Game Boy playing Game Boy Color games and even then the hardware difference was not even remotely comparable to NDS to 3DS.

Taking it a bit personally, aren't you? I didn't say people should stop hyping it. But when I am watching a trailer from a game (no matter how slow paced it might be) I want to know how it plays before saying anything. Just because you don't care how a game like that is featured in a trailer doesn't mean you should get pissed if I do. The end.

What makes me happiest is that it's Phoenix and Maya. Nobody is a match for those two; not Apollo and Trucy, not Edgeworth and Kay, hell not even Phoenix with Ema or Pearl.

I agree.

Well, I haven't played the Professor Layton games myself, but I've been meaning to. My friend, who's a huge fan of both series and is the nicest, most mild-mannered guy who probably wouldn't swear if you threw scalding water in his face, announced this game to me with "holy sh*t!"