Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright team up!

Overflow

That's not same kind of backwards compatibility. Also I don't think my example was quite strong enough. That's like asking a developer to make sure that a PS3 game plays on a PS1. You'd pretty much be asking them to not only develop the game twice over (once for each set of hardware [seriously have you even seen how insane the graphics are for the 3DS]) but supply both of them on the same cartridge.

That does not sound reasonable to me at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only nintendo precedent for that was the Game Boy playing Game Boy Color games and even then the hardware difference was not even remotely comparable to NDS to 3DS.

OK that's fine. In fact I really haven't seen how insane the graphics are for the 3DS. I really just thought the "3D" part was just the latest gimmick. There have been so many variations on DS systems in the last few years without affecting backwards-compatibility I just assumed this was another such "enhancement." My mistake, or ineffective marketing on Nintendo's part? Eh, no matter.

In any event, thanks for the detailed explanation.

I'm not the gamer I used to be... :wink:

Full Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJpjP67sYb8

EDIT: A quick translation from a friend. There may be errors in this, but might satiate some curiosities.

Layton: The one who threw this city into disorder using her powers of magic, is you!

Girl: You're wrong. I am not a witch.

Layton: If that is so, then how did you know the contents of a book there is no way you read?

Phoenix: Objection!

Phoenix: Professor, there is a great contradiction in your argument!

Strange incidents are occuring in "Labyrinth City"

An archaeology professor vs. a lawyer. A shocking incident that challenges both of them.

Witch Trials.

Luke: What's written in this book is becoming true.

Maya: No way this is happening!

The creator of everything who rules the city

The ultimate culprit, "Storyteller"

Girl: I will surely be killed. It said so in the book.

Phoenix: I will not let things happen the way they're in the book.

Layton: Mr. Wright.

Layton: It seems we had a great misunderstanding.

Hershel Leyton

Phoenix Wright

A shocking collaboration

Layton: Luke, doing the right thing is not limited to keeping the law.

Phoenix: Honestly, he can't be satisfied easily, that Silk Hat.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

Level 5 x Capcom

This time the riddles are filled with contradictions

My brain hurts just thinking of the logic behind this crossover.

So, the Layton and PW worlds are connected, and this takes place...... before Layton 3 and PW3......... and the art styles crossed over too.....

bwuuuuuuuuuuu

So, does Phoenix look for hint coins and find contradictions in townsfolks' puzzle descriptions?

And like another post said, ha ha, like hell we'll ever get AA5 now- looks like Shu hates Apollo.

Understandable- so does half the PW fandom.

Assuming every post in the comments section is a unique person wanting the game, and I've done my math correctly, they've only got roughly $42,720.00 right now (assuming 3DS games will be similar in price to DS games). That's not going to sway them. I think we need more people.